M9A1 10rd mags

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by macodad, Mar 17, 2007.

1. macodad

macodad Guest

Anybody know where I can get some of these mags? Wideners has them for $10/ea but won't take a canuck credit card. I can send 'em a $$ order but it's a bit of a hassel and time suck.
    Is there anyone out there that has them for the same price but understands that a credit card is a credit card?

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

CDNN Sports has got 10 rd. Steyr M9 magazines for $9.99 each. But that's what the catalog says, M9, not M9-A1. I don't know if the two magazines are the same, or if they're just calling the M9-A1 magazines M-9. Better ask them.

Call 800-588-9500 or go to http://cdnnsports.com/.

And they do most definitely take credit cards, though I can't vouch for Canadian ones. What's the diff?

BTW, does this mean that Canadian law limits you to 10-round magazines?

If so, as the King James Version says, that sucketh!

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

CDNN won't sell them to CA either, though there is *no* legal reason for it. I've helped out at least one CA member with this issue before - you best bet is to buy magazines from another board member - or from CDNN by proxy if you must.

4. madecov

madecov Active Member

Exporting magazines can be a big No No. I looked into it.
    Export license is needed or it is a felony.

The licensing for export is through the State Department
    The licensing for Import is through ATF.

5. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

Sorry madecov, but that's not true!

Many places will ship magazines and gun parts to Canada including; Brownells and Gun accessories. (Some have a $100 max order limit though). You need export permit for things like frames, slides, barrels, cylinders etc. magazines are OK

6. macodad

macodad Guest

sorry, I meant CDNN wont accept a canuck credit card (no idea why). Wrote wideners as I had been surfing to see who may sell the mags.

Yes, we are stuck with the 10rd mags, but if you buy enough of them then you get really good at mag changes :D

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

+1. Like I said - buy from a fellow forum member and be done with it. As long as they are 10 rounders, everything is legit.

8. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Steyr distributor in Canada

9. macodad

macodad Guest

Big$$$$

So I got in touch with the Canadian rep for Steyr (North Sylva Co.) and asked about buying mags. Also asked the place where I bought the pistol. My jaw dropped, NSC wants $60/ea and the store $50/ea!!!

Whats the cost in the States for a M9-A1 10rd mag?

And I was making fun of my buddy and the cost of clips for his 226, the jokes on me now.

10. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

"So I got in touch with the Canadian rep for Steyr (North Sylva Co.) and asked about buying mags. Also asked the place where I bought the pistol. My jaw dropped, NSC wants $60/ea and the store $50/ea!!!

Whats the cost in the States for a M9-A1 10rd mag? "
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yikes! US$ 10-15 here

11. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Is eBay an option? At this very moment, someone is selling a group of three brand new (in wrapper) M9 10 rd mags. Current bidding is close to US$17 + US$6 shipping, but there are still three days left on the auction.

Only a month or so ago I got 7 10rds for my M40-A1 for $60 including shipping from eBay. I am one happy camper as they have been great for training. With nine mags total I now have the luxury of looking for a deal on hi-caps; I want one or two more of those. Even my friend with Glocks can't claim better prices on mags.

12. madecov

madecov Active Member

According to the US State Department, Magazines are also restricted and require a license.
    Possibly there are different levels of licensing and Brownell's and the few others have a license. On the other hand, I asked specifically about exporting magazines to Europe for someone in Finland. Possibly to export to Europe requires more paperwork but I doubt it.

13. Ektelon

Ektelon Guest

I talked with these folks today and he has bought out a bunch of M40/357 and M9 Magazines (he said he had almost 4000!?!?) he wants $7.33 each and is shipping mine for 6.00 (3 mags) ... don't know if this will help with the Canada problem but seems a good deal to me...

Joe's Pawn Shop
    11411 U. S. Hwy 431
    Albertville, Alabama 35950
    (256) 894-9994
    (256) 894-9932

(all of these are 10 rounders)

14. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Joe's Pawn Shop! Thats the guy on e-Bay who is selling M-A1 mags in groups of three.

Goin' right to the source. Maybe I should do that too.

15. macodad

macodad Guest

picked up 10 mags (so far) from joes pawn shop.
    haven't had a problem getting mags for either my glock or steyr. not to mention a conversion barrel or the 22lr conversion kit.
    now that the secrets out i am sure that joe will run thru his stock pretty fast.
    no difference between the ones that he has and the ones that came with the pistol.

16. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *telon :)

I just finished exchangin' a couple emails back and forth with Joe. The 10-rounder M40 and M9 mags are $7.33 + shippin' but the 10-round M357's are $17 +shippin'. <shrug>

FYI, Guys. <shrug> Still, a great price on the 10-rounder M9 and M40 mags. And, Joe and Jillian are good people to deal with. Good luck and tell Joe Wulf says howdy. :) Hava good week, People. :)

Wulf <-- was kinda excited bout gettin' some 10-round M357 mags for $7.33 each :(

***BTW, if ya can get some 12-round M40 or M357 base plates, ya can turn the 10-rounder M40/M357 mags into hicap S9 Mags or convert 'em to S40/S357 mags...just so you'll know. <shrug>

17. Ektelon

Ektelon Guest

My bad Wulf ... coulda sworn he quoted $7.33 for all of the mags ... sorry if I caused a problem ... but you are right, great to work with

18. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

No problemo, *telon :)

Our seller buddies are glad for a little name-droppin' and "free advertisin'". It would just be a bit unfair for them to hafta deal with a post that was a bit off enuf to cut into their profits. Joe has very little markup per unit on these mags, at these prices. It's nice to have vendors like him in our corner, allowing SC members to purchase some after market items for a reasonable price. No harm done, Bro. :) Hava great week. :)

Wulf <-- a brown nosin' lit'l puke

19. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Is he only peddling the low-caps, or does he have regular capacity, too?