M9 with 147 grain ammo?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by IlovemyM9, Mar 1, 2007.

What bullet do you shoot in your M9 / MA-1

1. 115 Grain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 124 Grain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 147 Grain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IlovemyM9

IlovemyM9 New Member

HI!
    I would like to shoot my M9 with a low-noise, low-recoil 147-Grain, 990 fps round.
    How does the M9 like it? Anyone tried the Remington UMC LL9MM9?

What would you say is the ideal load for Target and IDPA?
    115 Grain or 124 Grain or 147 Grain?

I know in the end I will have to try these loads with my own gun, but I just want to narrow my sreach.

Dan

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Dan :)

I went out and shot a buncha 115 gr Berry Manu's FP reloads last weekend with great results. I used Power Pistol and according to the recipe, they shoulda been pushin' 1300 fps inna 4" bbl, so woulda been closer to 1250 fps from the 3.5" bbl. I don't know for sure cause I was out w/ some shootin' buddies and not out for a data check. <shrug> The recoil was minimal and the accuracy was phenominal and I was able to dance a coke can at about 40 yards. I really love the Steyr tri-trap stockers. Anyway, if ya want the recipe for the Berry reloads, PM me for it. G'luck.

Wulf

3. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

I prefer 124/125 and 147gr +p for defense.
    for target anything will do.

best load for target I like is winchester 115gr FMJ hollow base with max load of WSF powder loaded to 1.150" tack driver and was hitting clay targets out 50 yards sitting on a backstop.
    winchester white box tends to have same bullet but they could be flat base. hollow base 115gr FMJ is as long as a 124/125gr flat base.
    115gr flat base is little shorter.

at the moment 147gr is my favorite but havent had a chance to shoot it much. shot alot of 115 and 124/125.
    will use it all but 90gr

4. alagator

alagator New Member

My S9 and M9 both shoot well with 147gr Winchester Ranger T. I ran a couple hundred rounds through each when testing for a defense round.

5. IlovemyM9

IlovemyM9 New Member

I used to shoot the S&B Subsonic (green primer) in my Glock 19. Because this ammo had less than 1000 fps not all guns cycle reliable - you need to have a real tight grip. However my Glock did work fine with the S&B. And because I could shoot much quicker double taps, I kept shooting this round on competitions where you have no special ammo rules.

Well, the Glock is sold and I can't find the S&B Subsonic ammo anywhere.
    Now I probably try the Rem UMC LL9MM9...

Dan

PS: I do not reload!

PPS: Yes, I have to admit I like shooting wussy loads.

6. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

my M9A1 likes ligher bullets, some heavy bullets; I had problems with 138 and 147gr relaods (wouldn't chamber properly)... FWIW 147gt American eagle worked fine but I only shot about 100 rounds.

I preffer 124gr myself...

7. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Winchester Ranger T 147 gr. JHP always in my M9.