Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlefolk,

This is a follow-up to a previous post, but have found myself with an option to get an M9 or C9... And no, I cannot get both...right now...

I have an M40, so I thought maybe a C9 might be a nice variation...but I don't know the C series, and I REALLY like my M...so seeking other, more knowledgeable opinions.

Thx!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I only have the c9, but I've played with the m9....in .hindsight id prefer the m9 due to the barrel length, but not enough I feel I made the wrong choice. what are you planning on doing with the gun? Ccw or just shooting for fun, or...? Guess after you figure that out decide which makes sense for you.

I picked the c9 for carry as while most find the grip part hard to conceal I dont....I prefer the higher capacity ability of the c9 over the s9...and I liked the shorter barrel of the c9 over the m9 for weight reduction...and for me speed of draw.....ymmv though. Mind ya, most here will feel the opposite of how I do on the shorter barrel for carry. Hard to go wrong with either.

So decide what makes sense for you and you'll pick right for you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, JHB,

Truth is, I don't have immediate plans for it, I just like Steyrs. My EDC is the KelTec P3AT, a Glock 23 in a Maxpedition bag, and for IWB it would be a Kahr K9, PPK or Sig 232.

So, I have smaller profile weapons for CCW, that leaves me in the "enjoyment" category. A Styer may well replace the Glock in my bag .. I DO like the safety for that type of carry...

If barrel length is the only diff between the C and M, I may well think about adding another M....

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've never held a C series but I have held an M series and have to say that I like the way the M felt in my hand. Since you have an M40 a C9 would be nice for the collection. If I had to chose I would personally chose the M series, but that's just me, and like I said I've never held a C series gun.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can you put the 17 round magazine in the short S model ( I have a Ruger that I can either use the 9 round magazine or the 15 round... I just don't use their baseplate on the handle with the extended magazine)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok...hitting the Steyr site still debating between the C and M series. The site says the M9 has a 15 round capacity, but the C has a 17 round cap???

And is it just a quirk of the site wording, or do the C and M has different trigger assemblies? Hmmm...maybe not, the format of the two pages on the site are different, so the trigger info is displayed differently.

I see the manual safety is not available on US pistols...pity...I liked that feature. There if you want it, easily clicked off but fairly difficult to engage. Seems like a good system. But then I also liked the Walther paddle mag release you can't get anymore, so what do I know?

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
The 17 round magazines are sort of a new thing for Steyr - they haven't been out too terribly long, and most of the M9A1s shipped with 15 rounders. I believe *all* new pistols (the guns with the roll pins in the slide) are shipping with 17 rounders, but you will want to verify that with your distributor.

Stop debating - buy the M9A1. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts