M9 Mags

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Big Rick, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Big Rick

Big Rick New Member

Are the Magazines for the M9 and M9-A1 the same? I would guess they are but I want to be sure.

Also, I am looking on CDNN and they have two different 15 round mags for the M9...one is "Brand New • Factory Steyr Mag - STE915" and the other is "Brand New • Factory Mag • LE Marked, Civilian Legal - STE9LZAW" What is the difference btwn these two? Is the first illegal for civilians?

Sorry if this is an ubern00b question and its already been answered...but I did a search for M9 LE Magazine and didn't find anything...

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

No worries - most of this stuff comes up all the time. All M9 and M9A1 magazines are interchangeable and all M40/M357 and M40A1/M357A1 magazines are interchangeable.

I'm not really sure what the difference is on the 15's... If they are both marketed as 15 rounds magazines, then I would hope it is safe to assume both are 15 rounders... There are no capacity limits on magazines in the free states these days, so you don't need to worry about any of that. It sounds like one is just marked "For Law Enforcement Use Only", stemming from the dark ages of the Clinton gun bans. Are they the same price?

3. Big Rick

Big Rick New Member

both 29.99...another question...is that a normal price for a regular mag? or am I just used to my only guns with mags being .22s?

4. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Pretty Normal for a full capacity Steyr "M" magazine.....

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

5. Big Rick

Big Rick New Member

thats what I figured...and if thats the case...the 10 rounders were 19.99 and payin the extra $10 for the extra 5 rounds is worth it.

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Some states and cities to not allow anything over 10 rounds. I believe there is a deal posted by Netfotoj lately about 15 rounders for $19.99 through some Davidson's dealer...

7. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i just called my local davidson's affiliated dealer and got 15 rounders for $23.85 a piece out the door.

go to davidson's and find a local affiliate. you might do better to $29.99. if you're buying one why bother, but if you buy 5 at a time, you can get a free one !!!!