M9 laser sight

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Guest, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I willl soon be the owner of an M9, and I'm looking for a low profile laser sight. I believe the M9 has four indentations under the barrel in front of the trigger guard for mounting acessories. There isn't a rail however. Can I get a laser sight that will mount here? If so, from where?

Thanks.

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

need a IGB rail adapter. then use standard picatinny accessories.

3. smores

smores Guest

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks guys. Does IGB have a website?

5. enzo

enzo New Member

Hi everybody. I need help to find a laser sight like an Internal Guide Rod Laser. I've seen that LaserMax have in catalogue many of these for other handguns, but not for our M9. How is it possible?
    I don't like very much an external laser sight, because of this could complicate the carry and I need another holster too. Would anyone help me? Many thanks in advance.

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

They do not currently manufacture a thing like that for our pistols - sorry. You could get a common laser/light rig and get a custom holster for that from a company like Blade-Tech, but it sounds like that isn't what you are looking for.

7. enzo

enzo New Member

Many thanks to Syntax360 for his answer.

Can I ask you what do you think about Viridian Vs LaserMax (or some other one) rail-mounted items? Between the two which is the more durable, comfortable for concealing carry, easy to set and precise? What will you choose if you have to buy one for yourself? I ask you for these points because of I would like not to fail any purchase, and for your major expertise too. Thanks again.

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I've used both and prefer the LaserMax. If you just want a laser, the LaserMax will probably be the most low-profile option; if you want a laser/light, I'd recommend a TLR-2. There will be holster options for the latter.

9. TollKeeper

TollKeeper New Member

Looking also to add a laser sight to my pistol. I have looked around quite a bit. I have seen mention on other sites about some pistols having the option to have the laser inside the spring system. Does any maker have this available for the M series?

Is there a maker that produces a grip style laser as well?

10. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

You`re out of luck with Steyr for the guide rod laser, at least for now.