Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I took my (new )M9 to the range today with a box of Winchester bulk (Wally World) ammunition. Here is what was happening: I would chamber a round, pull the trigger, it goes bang, the casing extracts (usually on top of my head), THEN, as the next round feeds it jams in a near vertical position in the chamber. Any ideas???
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
edited

what do you have for magazines? capacity and number of mags?

is it jamming repeatedly with the magazine full or throughout whole mag?

when I got my first M40 I had troubles with new magazine. gun would jam when I loaded more than 8 rounds into a 10rnd magazine was back during the AWB.

only time I recall getting ammo standing up and jamming is when the feedlips were too wide when converting magazines. outside of that its a new one on me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have two 10 rounders and one 14. The problem would occur with each magazine. I don't recall there being any pattern as to where in the magainzes the problem would occur. It seemed pretty random, but persistant

·
Registered
21 Posts
If the problem was just with one mag, then...
But all three?
Are they all stamped 9X19?
I would think Mr.A is on to it regarding lip width.
Is it possible your mags are .40s&w?
Were they all purchased from the same place?
Maybe you were unlucky and got a poorly machined
ramp, if so it would be a first report of one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,I have same problem. What Can I do with problem? please
pepe

quote="markmc753"]Hi all,
I took my (new )M9 to the range today with a box of Winchester bulk (Wally World) ammunition. Here is what was happening: I would chamber a round, pull the trigger, it goes bang, the casing extracts (usually on top of my head), THEN, as the next round feeds it jams in a near vertical position in the chamber. Any ideas???
Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Only time I've had problems like that was with a converted Sigma mag in my M40.

Only feeding problems it has these days is I can't afford to take it out to eat ammo very often these days.
:roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts