M9 feeding problems

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by Guest, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi all,
    I took my (new )M9 to the range today with a box of Winchester bulk (Wally World) ammunition. Here is what was happening: I would chamber a round, pull the trigger, it goes bang, the casing extracts (usually on top of my head), THEN, as the next round feeds it jams in a near vertical position in the chamber. Any ideas???
    Thanks
    Mark

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

edited

what do you have for magazines? capacity and number of mags?

is it jamming repeatedly with the magazine full or throughout whole mag?

when I got my first M40 I had troubles with new magazine. gun would jam when I loaded more than 8 rounds into a 10rnd magazine was back during the AWB.

only time I recall getting ammo standing up and jamming is when the feedlips were too wide when converting magazines. outside of that its a new one on me

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I have two 10 rounders and one 14. The problem would occur with each magazine. I don't recall there being any pattern as to where in the magainzes the problem would occur. It seemed pretty random, but persistant

4. Fredhead

Fredhead New Member

If the problem was just with one mag, then...
    But all three?
    Are they all stamped 9X19?
    I would think Mr.A is on to it regarding lip width.
    Is it possible your mags are .40s&w?
    Were they all purchased from the same place?
    Maybe you were unlucky and got a poorly machined
    ramp, if so it would be a first report of one.

5. pepe

pepe Guest

Hi,I have same problem. What Can I do with problem? please
    pepe

quote="markmc753"]Hi all,
    I took my (new )M9 to the range today with a box of Winchester bulk (Wally World) ammunition. Here is what was happening: I would chamber a round, pull the trigger, it goes bang, the casing extracts (usually on top of my head), THEN, as the next round feeds it jams in a near vertical position in the chamber. Any ideas???
    Thanks

6. FightDesigner

FightDesigner Member

Only time I've had problems like that was with a converted Sigma mag in my M40.

Only feeding problems it has these days is I can't afford to take it out to eat ammo very often these days.
    :roll: