Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually, I was looking for an M9-A1, but Gunbroker is pretty flooded with M9-A2 guns. Brand new they are going for $650-$700. Magazines also seem to be plentiful. Only thing stopping me from buying one is the "hooked" trigger guard. No idea why Steyr made it that way. Certainly wasn't any demand stateside for that modification. I'm tempted to buy one and just grind the hooked part off. There is enough plastic left that it would still be sturdy. But grinding it off would probably void any warranty that exists. I am also not a big fan of the heavily knurled grips. Are people shooting this gun while making mudpies or what?:rolleyes: Glock did this with their backstraps and I ended up buying a Hogue rubber grip to cover it up because it was ripping my hand to shreds.
Oh well...I will continue my search for M9-A1 and pass on the A2 version.

·
Super Moderator
194 Posts
Yeah, the Steyr guns come in batches, pretty much Feast or famine. The A2 definitely had much more aggressive grips, although I tend to like this in a hand gun. I would assume you are fine with grinding down a bit although I would put the gun through its paces first to validate everything is working well. I remember a guy at my LGS put in sbr paper work on a zenith mp5k clone. Got it back and took it out to shoot for the first time. Gun jammed every 3-7 rounds and had to go back for warranty work. If you are looking for a A1 I would check GB and the forums since they seem to come up with people upgrading when they find a A2. Right now with the A2 M series coming in I would assume you will find a A1 without too much trouble.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Zud. Yep, gonna keep an eye on Gunbroker and see what pops up. Sure glad mags are available again. :)

·
Super Moderator
194 Posts
Agreed, was happy to see the A1 mags come in. I was a little worried about the commitment to keep those coming. If I see any A1 ill send you a link. I could have sworn I saw one recently but at the moment can’t recall where.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts