Steyr Club Forums banner

M9-A2 Holosun SCS

5K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  rayrevolver 
#1 ·
Cameras & optics Camera accessory Gas Toy Gadget
Wood Bumper Font Flooring Automotive exterior
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

A few small things to finish up . Was able to retain the factory rear sight but it did get raised .020 . Kept .050 or more clearance on the striker roller . I have to relieve one corner of the extractor just a little .

See less See more
#2 ·
I will be interested to see how the extractor goes. The ones I have are not as deep or further back due to avoiding it. Keep it up, pretty soon you’re gonna have people asking for orders lol. I’d like to see your thoughts on the optic and how the brake is performing. Awesome work as always, looks like your about ready to take on the xenomorphs

#3 ·
I don’t know if I really even needed to relieve the extractor at all . You can see the step in the red dot base and it’s just that side . I took the corner off just in case . Same thing with the back of the red dot and the roller in the slide . It’s like it was made just for it . The rear open sight was more involved than the red dot .

Automotive tire Office equipment Musical instrument accessory Engineering Electronic instrument

#4 ·
Yeah. Hey. Can you mill for a "standard mount" footprint MOS, AOS? Or like a Staccato DPO pattern?

Or direct mount a 509T X2? Acro?

For me right now, I am only interested in shooting with dots. My L9A2 sits mostly.

I might install one of these for kicks. Had it on a 22 but think it will fit on the Steyr.

#7 ·
As far as plates go that looks like one of the better ones . The rear sight was a lot more involved than milling the slide for the dot . If I can do it anyone can . The compensator was one of the hardest ones I’ve done . I’m still surprised these pistols aren’t more popular than they are . As far as striker fired pistols go I think their the way to go . Most people haven’t even heard of Steyr .

#9 ·
The cut on that one was .110 . As you go deeper you lose clearance on the striker roller and the extractor . The real problem is no suppressor height sights . I wanted to keep the factory sights which I like . There is not much meat at the back of the slide for a dovetail cut . That red dot has a really short base which is why I chose it . A Trijicon SRO with a Glock suppressor height rear sight and a suppressor height front sight (Sig possibly?) for the factory dovetail might be doable . Would require some research . Probably would be easier , but I usually don’t chose the easiest route and I wanted to keep the Steyr open sights . But that’s just me . That white stuff you see that makes the sight picture is plastic that they inject from the bottom of the sight .

#11 ·
Without CNC it’s not a cost effective way to make money , for me . My day ( and night ) job current overtime rate is $ 74 an hour and right now am at 520 hours of overtime . I appreciate the offer . If you enjoy making stuff buy yourself a used manual mill to try it . I will give you the same warning I got years ago . It’s highly addictive , and I’m happily addicted. For me CNC is about 3-4 years out . That Steyr SCS optics cut was the easiest of any of them . I’ve done optics cuts on many slides CZ ( 2 different models ) , Steyr , Glock . Frame mount optics ( red dot and scope ) on 1911’s , Berreta M4 , Steyr and compensator’s for all of the them . The 1911 compensator is the easiest and the Steyr is the most complex . I have no formal training in machining. Lots of math ( simple math ) . If I can do it anyone can . Currently going down the 2011 custom pistol road , frame , slide and barrel are ordered . Seemed like the next logical step for me .
I will gladly answer any questions about the Steyr work I’ve done to anyone who wants to try it .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.