Steyr Club Forums banner

M9-A1 with reversible mag catch?

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  reloader-1 
#1 ·
I recently came across these pictures of an m9-a1 with what looks to be a reversible mag catch.
I know this is available on the new L9 pistols, but was unaware of them on the m9.
I don't really need this feature(being right handed), but the larger catch is nice).
Anyone ever seen this before?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd believe it. It was foreshadowed by the new magazines having dual mag release cutouts. I wouldn't use it myself (unless at some point I had broken my right arm or something), but I have a grandpa I go shooting with occasionally who's a lefty, and he's been looking at getting a modern pistol. He's more of a revolver guy.

#5 ·
i just picked up my M9-A1 just to check. it looks exactly like my L9. it is pretty new, so i guess the newest ones have the reversible mag catch just like the L series. i doubt i will ever need it. just thought i would chime in as my M9 is most likely the newest model out there. i have only had it for a short while and it was ordered straight from the distributor.

liontribe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.