Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
That seems a bit steep to me...I only paid $329 for my BNIB M9-A1 during the CDNN hayday. :p

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Except that was only about three years ago. ;)

If I had a suppressor, I'd definitely grab a barrel for my M9-A1 but I don't really see me getting one anytime soon unless Florida passes a Firearms Freedoms Act.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is interesting news, thanks for sharing!

Would this barrel work with my S9A1? I figured all the other components are basically the same, but I want to make sure.

Any pics of this barrel on a M9A1 or S9A1?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was unaware that threaded barrels had any function besides adapting the weapon for a suppressor..
I aim to get a can someday, I just dont have a class 3 so its merely an investment at this point ;)
Like buying a movie ticket to Avatar 3, it hasnt come out yet, but you know you're going to see it so why not get it before it sells out!?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BigT - I'm in the process of setting up a trust, etc.

Still not sure which suppressor to get. Doing my research, all my firearms have 13.5X1 LH threading so that shouldn't be a problem.

Looking at the SWR Trident, and the AAC Ti-Rant

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
You don't need a Class 3 - it's quite simple to setup a trust and purchase a suppressor (if your state allows). You could get a flash hider - that's what I did while waiting for my can. It jazzes things up a bit and adds a cool ping sound when you fire.

·
Registered
229 Posts
aftermarket support for other brand of pistol is so much better. i am a gunsmith so i do not send guns back to the manufacturer for repair, i fix it myself. i like to be able to buy spare parts on the OPEN market and work on my own guns. having to send a gun to the manufacturer to be worked on is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE to me. these barrels are way to EXPENSIVE. and why can't i buy spare parts for my STEYR's . i love my steyr pistols, but there are others with much better aftermarket support. guns are machines, parts break , need to be fixed. IMHO them barrels cost tooo much, almost as much as a new gun!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Factory barrels are $250 - from Steyr.

I'm sure a LGS can buy them from Steyr and sell them to you cheaper. If not, call my LGS and have them ship one to you. (305)285-1006

Factory Barrels from Glock are $175-$190 online. I am guessing you can get a Steyr barrel for around $210. The difference is not extreme, especially for a lower volume gun.

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
I had a guy over at HKPRO make it for me - our thread pitch is the same as the USP9SD. It's been a few years and I don't know if he's still doing that sort of thing anymore, but PM me if you want his contact info.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey, so I never really got an answer to my question: will these barrels work with the S9A1?

The stock length on the S is 3.5, and the M is 4 I believe (so if I use the M barrel will there be .5" of barrel sticking out of the front of the gun before the theading? I have seen this on other pistols and I do not like the look of it.

Is there somewhere to purchase threaded S barrels?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for the answer.

Adco supposedly cuts and threads for $65, anyone have experience with them?

Which threading would make the most sense? (What is the difference?)

Do title 2 stamps expire? (I dont want to pay a yearly fee like with my license plate..)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You don't need a tax stamp for a threaded barrel. Just for the suppressor that screws onto it ;)

And no, they don't expire.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts