M9 A1 Holster!!

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by Dan M9A1, May 14, 2013.

1. Dan M9A1

Dan M9A1 New Member

With no luck finding anything online for my M9 A1 I went to a local gun shop and tried about 20 different holsters. No Fobus would fit, tried a few Galco's, nothing, tried the Tagua's and finally found one!! :) It's leather, paddle holster for a Springfield XDM 5", p/n PD2-670!! A little snug but that's a good thing, leather will stretch a little. :thumbsup:

Augustus Heyliger likes this.
  2. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

Hey Dan, welcome to the club! I have a Galco paddle made for the Springfield XDM 3" that I carry my S40-A1 in. If you're interested in In Waist Band carry, the Galco Tuck-N-Go for the Springfield XDM 4" fits very well. It would probably fit your M9-A1 better since yours has a 4" barrel. Great guns and fun to shoot!

3. Dan M9A1

Dan M9A1 New Member

Thanks Waltherfan01 I'll check out the IWB Galco also. I need one for dress clothes, my problem is I wear my pants too tight in the waist.

4. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

My apologies Dan, I meant to say I carry IWB in a Galco Stow-N-Go for the Springfield. According to Galco's site, they don't make a tuckable holster for the Springfield. I find the Stow-N-Go perfectly concealable if I wear a jacket or a cover shirt. Sorry about the mix up, I use a Galco Tuck-N-Go for my Bersa Thunder.

5. rickyracer

rickyracer New Member

Blade-Tech makes several different sytle of holsters for the M9-A1. I have their OWB holster. Fit is perfect.

6. Brigante

Brigante New Member

I use a Crossbreed Supertuck holster for my M9 and I love it.

7. Wade Duncan

Wade Duncan New Member

Hey RR what model would that be. I tried today to order one and was told by their customer service rep they did not have one for the m9-a1. Your post was encouraging I was about give up

8. Wade Duncan

Wade Duncan New Member

Thanks to a link on this site I was able to find the OWB Kydex holster for my M9-A1. Found it at 7.62 Precision.
    I sent out several inquiries during my search and received this response from Comp-Tac. Apparently there isn't enough demand yet.

We currently do not have any official plans to produce holsters for the Steyr M9-a1. At this point, this firearm is not something that we are tooled up to custom make holsters for. I have recorded that we received a request for it though. Hopefully as this model becomes more popular in our Request Log it will move higher up on the "To Do" list. If it looks like we get any information on a potential release date for this model we'll be sure to announce it on our monthly newsletter and Facebook page. Thanks again for your request and have a great day!

Thank you,
    David Wisby

9. Kennydale

Kennydale New Member

I don't have one of their holsters, but http://clevelandsholsters.com/ If you go to their HOME PAGE they have a Steyr Holstered right on that page.

10. \JMiller

\JMiller New Member

I found that the Galco Wraith holster for the XD works well with my M40-A1, required some stretching, left the pistol in the holster about a week, with the retainer strap clasped, it's now a perfect fit.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  11. steyrcase

steyrcase Member

12. misterlarry

misterlarry New Member

13. afoic2005

afoic2005 Member

I posted some info in the thread linked below regarding Winthrop Holsters near Cleveland, OH. They have a CA1/SA1 mold currently (fits 9 or 40) and I've been encouraging as many folks as I can to request MA1 holsters so they'll get the mold. If you're interested, check 'em out and let 'em know you want an MA1 series holster!

https://www.steyrclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10409

14. misterlarry

misterlarry New Member