M9-A1, finally working right

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by cobra-viper, Apr 1, 2007.

1. cobra-viper

cobra-viper New Member

Hi all. Bought a new M9-A1 about 3-4 weeks ago. Took it out after a thorough cleaning to try it out. I shot 50 rounds of WWB with several FTEs. Next, 50 rounds of Fiocchi, zero FTEs, 50 rounds or CCI with one FTE, and 50 more rounds of WWB with several more FTEs. After reading about the 1911 plunger spring trick on here, I tried it. Took it out today, and fired 100 rounds of WWB with zero problems at all. Now that it seems like it will be reliable, I'm not kicking myself for buying 4 extra mags before ever test-firing.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Sounds good, though I might have sent it off to SAI to have it looked at. Perhaps it has the old style extractor? Did you buy it from CDNN? (does anyone know if the pistols they are selling now have the old style extractor?...)

Glad you got it working! That aside, how do you like it?

3. cobra-viper

cobra-viper New Member

I bought it locally, and I am not paying to ship it.

I like the way it feels, and I love the sites. I havent decided if I will carry it yet.

4. DirtyHarry

DirtyHarry New Member

Extractor style on CDNN bought Steyrs

Just bought mine from CDNN but don't know how to tell one extractor from another. Let me know how to tell the difference and I'll let you know, or I could just post a picture.

5. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Re: Extractor style on CDNN bought Steyrs

I have an M40 and a CDNN 40A1. The A1 has a rounded extractor plunger vs. the M40's angle/beveled plunger, can't see any diff in extractors while in the gun.