M9-A1 feed ramp

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by jdrobone, May 10, 2013.

1. jdrobone

jdrobone New Member

Is this normal?
    Before I stir up a storm with the on-line guy from whence this gun came, I thought I'd ask you guys
    I just received, today, my "new" M9-A1 Steyr pistol NIB, still had factory grease on rails, etc.
    but . . unlike any other pistol I've ever purchased (and I have Glocks, Beretta's, S&W's, you get the picture, the feed ramp leading into the chamber is polished to a bright, shiny finish. It looks like an attempt was made to polish out a "slight" dimple across the ramp surface.
    My question is "does the factory do this kind of thing? I never had a Steyr before, so I don't know if they all come like this. If I had to guess I'd say some kind of Dremel-like buffer has been there (and a little around the lower barrel surface where it make have slid off the ramp).
    I'm usually not this paranoid, but - I dunno. Got a call in to Jeff to see what he thinks.
    Jerry

2. dash

dash Member

Yep, they are all this way. That's the first thing I noticed when I locked the slide back. Still like to look at cause it's so darn pretty.

3. jdrobone

jdrobone New Member

Good to hear.
    Thanks

4. 63expert

63expert New Member

Just got my M40-A1 today. Feed ramp looks like a mirror.