Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a late series? M9-A1 with factory threaded barrel.
What I think is an early version S40-A1.
I have an M357 Steyr barrel and I'm planning to add a long RCM barrel that could be threaded.
Original sights on both.
The grip is what got me interested in Steyr, especially after carrying the G33.

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
Welcome, sounds like you have a nice collection going. The 357/40 are hard to find especially these days. The grip is a nice touch on the Steyr’s one of the few polymer pistols I like.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks.
I love the 357 round, especially after prying a 9mm hollowpoint off the end of a feed ramp.
You just can't beat a bottleneck for feeding.
I have a friend using only Powerball for its ability to always feed, especially in a 40.
The Super 9mm only has the 5.7 as possible competition, and it can't ever be as compact as the 357/Super 9.

The person I got the S40 from is still using Steyr.
They changed over to an S9 exclusively now.

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
About 10 years back I started to move to 9mm other then guns set in their standard carriage like 1911 in 45 or some classic guns in odd calibers but I sold most of my 40, 5.7, and 357. Kinda regret that these days.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I found an M357-A1 magazine that was somehow in a pile of Beretta mags in a container I have. I sold the M357 years ago and have no way to track that guy down. Dimensionally, it’s identical to the .40 magazine, but I think it’s cool that it’s marked .357. Someone want to buy it before I run an ad for it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts