M9-A1: 9mm number 6 for me

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Netfotoj, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Got down to the last $400 of my ill-gotten gains for selling my domain name so what else is there to do but get one of those M9-A1s from CDNN? That ship will not pass this way again.

Ordered it today so hopefully I can add it to my range trip plans next weekend. I got to counting up and this will be 9mm pistol number six in less than the past year. For a guy who was a committed anti-9mm snob two years ago when I joined this site, I'da never thunk it possible.

Syntax and some of the other 9mm owners here got me down off my high horse after preaching the gospel of 9s for about a year before it finally took affect. Last March, I bought my first 9mm, an FEG Hungarian-made clone of the Browning Hi-Power, for only $275. The captain aboard the destroyer I went to Vietnam aboard carried a Hi-Power so I figured what have I got to lose for such a low price? Turned out to be a great shooter and I loved it.

[​IMG]

Then I decided I needed a pocket pistol BUG more than a big, heavy steel 9mm, so I went to a gun show and traded the FEG for a Kel-Tec P-11. Great concept, 11 rds. of 9mm in a pocket pistol. Terrible trigger.

[​IMG]

So I sold the P-11 and bought a PF-9, same concept in single-stack mag, slimmer and with a great trigger, measured at 5 lbs. 2 oz. Trigger worth sacrificing from 11 rds. to 8 rds.

[​IMG]

Somewhere in this timeline, I bought my second Steyr MA1, adding a M40-A1 to my first Steyr, M357-A1. But as Casey said to the umpire, .40 caliber turned out to be "Not my style." Recoil just felt weird to me, unlike .357 Sig, 10mm or .45 ACP, just unpleasant.

So I swapped the M40-A1 for a subcompact 3.5" barrel S&W Model 669, 9mm number four.

[​IMG]

Then just before Christmas, I decided to go long-slide 9mm and sold the 669 to help purchase my first custom pistol, CZ75 SP-01 from the CZ Custom Shop, 9mm number five.

[​IMG]

So my on-the-way-here M9-A1 is 9mm number six. Out of the six, I've still got two, soon to be three, and I seriously doubt any of them will be leaving my hands. Two years ago, I woulda said any caliber under .45 ACP or 10mm was just too wimpy. Then I loosened up and made an exception for .357 Sig. But now, brethren, I have seen the 9mm light! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord and pass the ammo! (Especially that cheap 9mm ammo!) :mrgreen:

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Nice to have you 'On Board' Netfoto!!!!

:clap: :party:

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

:party: :clap: :party:

Jeez babj - you better hurry up... methinks Netfotoj is catching up... :lol:

4. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey Netfotoj!

You can't go wrong w/ a CDNN M9-A1. I've put over 2000 rounds through mine already and I'm thinkin' I'll use it to shoot steel instead of my M&P.
    _______
    mugdava

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Truth be told, I wish I'da kept two of those 9s I let go. The FEG was a rare model with a great DA/SA trigger and the S&W 669 had a great trigger, too. And I found myself shooting the 669 a lot and my M357-A1 and G29 a little, just from ammo economics. Shoulda kept both those 9s and saved up a bit more, but then I've always been a bit too impulsive. Shoot first, ask questions later; or in this case, sell first, then regret later.

I'm sure of this. I won't regret getting an M9-A1. Even these ancient eyes can see those trap sights. And what's not to like about a great Steyr pistol as such a great price? :mrgreen:

6. pilotbenjamin

pilotbenjamin New Member

Syntax360 to me is synonomous for pushing 9mm.

He's partly responsible for me getting a 9mm G19. I love the thing now, and follow up shots are easier than a .40. Also first time shooters and women, get by better with the 9mm.

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I'm just spreading the good word, my brothers... :notworthy: Just doing my due diligence to plant some seeds and then stand back and let the caliber sell itself :mrgreen: :lol:

8. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

.......must.......resist...

s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9s9!

nooooooooooooooooo...

9. m00t

m00t New Member

You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

<-- got s9, it's ftw. Just need to get it to SAI for a lil' trigger lightenin'

-m00t!!!