M9-A1 17-RD Mags Available

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Wulf, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hi Guys :)

Had ta find some new model M9 17-RD mags for onna my shootin' Bro's and went to SAI 1st, of course, then when they didn't currently have any, I looked around 'til I could find 'em for a pretty good price, under $30 with less than $10 ground shipping for however many ya get.

Anyway, I found 'em at http://www.eastexshootingsupply.com...3902050517-p-38700.html?manufacturers_id=1171

Tell Hank that you're a Steyrclub member an' "Wulf says howdy".

Hope this helps.

Hava great weekend, Guys.

Wulf <-- just picked up 4 delivered for under $120 :thumbsup:

2. Arizona Gunner

Arizona Gunner New Member

Eastex also has absolutely the best prices to be found on Apex parts kits for S&W M&P's.

Plus, quick shipping, good folks!

3. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

yeah.... but i'll beat that price and do $30 shipped...

4. khoff

khoff New Member

Sometimes steyr inc. will run 2 for one sales !

5. Arizona Gunner

Do current production M9A1's ship with 15 rd or 17 rd mags? It looks like they may have gone to 17's entirely, although many descriptions still use 15 rd.

Any insights?

6. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

all the M series pistols i've gotten in have had 17's....

7. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *Gunner :)

The 17-RD Mags I got only hadda 15-RD hole count, but held 17-RDs. The new base plate makes up for the additional 2 rounds.

I have yet to see any 17-RD hole count mags. <shrug>

Has anyone seen any 17-RD hole count mags?

Wulf <-- :popcorn:

8. Arizona Gunner

It just clicked... I'll bet that's what's happening.

Even with the "plus" base, people are seeing the 15 rd hole count on the mags and not realizing they will hold 17... so an inaccurate description is used. Makes sense.

9. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

do the 17rnd mags just use an extended baseplate or are they like the sigma 17rnd and 15rnd mags which have a long mag body and a flush fitting base plate

10. Belwolf

Belwolf New Member

I picked up one of Eastex's 17 rounders along with some ammo, quick shipping. Have to try it out at the range soon. I noticed when empty and you release the slide there is a slight bump/hitch as the slide moves forward over the mag follower- the 17 round follower is different than my 15 rounders (top left piece is thinner than 15 rounder). Anyone else notice this?

11. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Your 15 round mags probably have .40S&W followers in them (also a potential source for malfunction). If you do a search, you will find this is a VERY common problem.

12. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *wolf.

Yeah, what he said! That was the first thing that crossed my mind, if I was following your follower observation, correctly.

A picture of your followers side-by-side would help eliminate that potential problem. <shrug>

Take care, Bro.

Wulf <-- goin' back thru the new 17-RD mags, just ta make sure.

13. Belwolf

Belwolf New Member

I tried to tell from the pics posted here (many are no longer linked). Here are some crappy cell phone pics of mine. I have had no issues with either of my 15 rounders. 15 rounder on right, 17 on left. Photo0034.jpg Photo0035.jpg

Photo0036.jpg