Steyr Club Forums banner
3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ETH77 
#1 ·
G,day all,
I recently recieved my new M40A1. The manufacture date is LOD. So I contacted Steyr Austria about a possible Extractor upgrade and they in turn sent me one via North Sylva here in Toronto. It arrived free of charge in a very timely manner. I just have one question and I apologize if this subject has been beaten to death somewhere in this forum. But, should the extractor have the number ¨9¨ on it if it is for an M40A1?

#3 ·
believe so
Thanks for the reply. Which leads me to my next question. Are the 9mm and .40SW extractors one in the same? Because the extractor upgrade pictures and ¨how to¨ video seen here deal with the 9mm and the extractor I have for my 40 and the one they show are identical. with the same ¨9¨ stamped on it. When I received it I had thought there might have been a mistake hence the thread.

#4 ·
As far as I know they are identical. Since the M/S series started as a .40, then got a 9mm sibling, the parts are most likely the same. The major difference between the 9mm and the .40/.357 M/S is the milling done on the 9mm slide to reduce the cycled mass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.