M40A1 Discontinued?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Olrocker, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Olrocker

Olrocker New Member

Per my local store, Davidson's claims to have bought all the remaining new M40A1s and says it has been discontinued.

Any truth to this?

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

news to us. dont think its been discontinued

3. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

4. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Whoa, Shooter :p

I seriously doubt that the M40-A1 has been compromised to the point of discontinued. <shrug> I am wondering if there has been a decision and comprehensive effort to fix the extractor problems before they are shelved in American inventory. Other than that, I feel pretty confident that the M40-A1 will be around at least until the M and S Series further evolve. 8) Relax you Glock toten Steyr Lover. :wink:

Wulf

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

BTW, Shooter

Your avatar is so big it changed the thread perameters for screen resolution! 8-O Can ya resize it a bit for those of us with 800x600 screen res's?...plz...sugar on top? 8) I do like Richard Widmark, tho. :wink:

Wulf

6. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

It is HUGE.........and meant to be temporary.......I'll be shelving it when I get home..........I've made my point........thanks for the info though... :D

7. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

Could it have something to have with Steyrs absence from the SHOT show? 8-O :?

btw I thought my avator was large :p

8. drsmith58

drsmith58 New Member

9. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Part of "refocusing"?

10. theFiasco

theFiasco Guest

Richard Widmark? Where'd that come from Wulf?

11. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Just like a guy, didn't read the guidelines for avators and BAM.......can't see the whole screen on this one...........sorry guys......I just got excited seeing Ole JohnW up there............. ](*,)

12. Olrocker

Olrocker New Member

Spoke with the Man in GA yesterday. He said they've sold all handguns & parts to CDNN. Apparently the factory has issues with the US market; sounded to me like they don't plan to sell them here anymore.

Still want an M40-A1 though...

13. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Call CDNN and get a great price for one............................

14. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

CDNN is going to sell them for $349 ... what doesn't sell after a month or so will likely drop to $299

15. fireblast713

fireblast713 Guest

I paid $560 for my M40-A1 after tax and DOJ in CA, is that pretty decent, I know people have been getting them for a lot less out of state, but CA kinda sucks when it comes to firearms...

16. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

that's high end for a Steyr, but you got one and like you said, it is Californistan.....now get one for $350.oo from cdnn and have a pair... :lol:

17. fireblast713

fireblast713 Guest

Unfortunately to import a gun into CA requires a ~$100 fee. A $75 transfer fee plus the regular $30 DOJ fee... so a $350 gun becomes a $450 one hehe.

18. WOW, CA sure fees the crap out of pistol owners. Jeez...can we say overkill?

19. polik6887

polik6887 Guest

quote " Spoke with the Man in GA yesterday. He said they've sold all handguns & parts to CDNN. Apparently the factory has issues with the US market; sounded to me like they don't plan to sell them here anymore. " quote

so it really is discontinued? so i cant ever get my hands on a s40-a1? i know some people have gotten s9 a1s but what about the .40??

I also heard that steyr itself was under new ownership.