M40- S40 hybrid

Discussion in 'Steyrs for Sale' started by breacher, Nov 1, 2017.

1. breacher

breacher Member

details here:

http://www.armslist.com/posts/7522287/albuquerque-new-mexico-handguns-for-sale--steyr-m40

I did the grip chop and light stippling job myself. I think I posted a detailed write-up on it on this forum a few years ago with pics. The stippling looks much nicer in person, not too aggressive or rough, just enough to get a good grip on the Gen 1 frame. I had 3 other Steyrs, all Gen2 including the elusive 357 Sig but they've all found new homes. Always liked the feel of the original better, sits even lower in your hand than the newer frames. Plus this thing eats everything, has never choked on me with any ammo, unlike those gen 2's. This also had the best trigger by far. I have the light Lee striker spring and BT delrin cups I'll toss in as well but to be honest I didn't think they made any difference so the original parts are in it right now.

And for Steyr forum members I also have a BT (Big Taco) heavy duty steel recoil guide rod with a low mileage spring. I was carrying this pistol for awhile so I put the lighter plastic Steyr rod/ spring back in. It's a newer low rd count part as well.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Joemb likes this.
  2. Joemb

Joemb Member

Cool gun. Did you make that grip spacer?

3. breacher

breacher Member

yeah it's actually adapted from a ruger sr40c, filed to fit the steyr - pistol has sold locally btw

Joemb likes this.