Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
925 Posts
Ranger gave some great information and I'll just add the following:

1. If you look through this website you'll see some folks switched out the factory trapezoid sights for PT Night Sights. There are some great pictures posted within the threads on the PT Night Sights. However, the M-40 and MA1-40 have traditional dove tail sights and can accept any night sight or traditional three-post sight that the glock can.

2. If you go with the MA1-40 you'll be limited in holster options. Right now with only FIST and Bladetech stocking holsters for them. The M-40 has A TON of companies making holsters for it and you'll find a complete list for the M-40 in our Holster forum. I use the GALCO high-fletch black holster and I do trust me life to it everyday. The GALCO is some very high quality leather and so well formed for the M-series that I know there is no way my weapon is leaving it by accident.

3. The M-40 is like any other pistol you'll find that is in or was in mass production in that there have been reports of various failures from time-to-time, but in most cases a good cleaning clears that up. We have an excellent Tutorials and Information section here that give step-by-step instruction on cleaning every part of the M-40. In rare cases (I can count them on my hand) some of over 1,000 members have had malfunctions they could not clear-up on their own, but Steyr Arms has service up and running very well now and can clear-up any problem.

I'll just say in closing it is a good pistol and you'll really like the way it fires as it is crazy accurate. Let us know if you end up with one and put-up a range report of your impressions.

Safe Shooting.

· Registered
925 Posts
Well, I'm telling you what the armorer who did my installation told me that the sights on the Steyr are a traditional dove tail. I have never known anyone who put in the glock's factory sights for the Steyr's, but I don't see why it couldn't be done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.