M40 is taking a trip to Tripps Research

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by aubie515, Jun 29, 2006.

1. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

I am finally going to have my first hard chromed pistol. I have been considering hard chrome for couple of years, but never sent one off. I detailed stripped the M40 thanks to the Tutorial section. I am going to have the slide and small parts hard chromed. I shall post pictures once I have it back.

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Aubie :)

Good onya, Mate. I'm interested in this project of yours. Please keep us informed on your turn around time, as well. Hava good one.

Wulf

3. madecov

madecov Active Member

Had mine done by Tripp a while back. It came out really nice.
    There is a pic in the photo section.

4. srfl

srfl New Member

...be sure to post a pic or two when you get it back.

I, like few others here, had one of my Steyr's (an M40) HC'd. APW did mine before they moved from FL.

5. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Awesome...............they're the guys to send it to..............pics will be good...............

6. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

The turn around time will take longer...I just dropped of the slide and parts...due to the holiday next week...Tripp will not receive my parts til next Friday.

7. neviv

neviv New Member

I'm just wondering what will happened if you hard chromed the tenifer finish of the slide of M40

8. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought tenifer was in the metal, so the hard chrome shouldn't do anything bad to the tenifer.

9. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

Tripp received my slide and parts today...quoted me $95 for hc and $15 to ship...I read where guys were paying $70 for hc and $10 to ship, but I cannot complain too much because I've wanted hc for a while now...so hopefully I will have it back in a week or so.

10. jnclement

jnclement New Member

I thought about having Tripp do some hard chrome, but I can get Birdsong's Black T on all the metal parts for hardly any more.

11. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

I read about the Black T...sounds like good stuff...I've used John Norrell's Moly Resin on some items I have, but I figured I never sent a piece in for hard chrome...I hear Tripp does great work, so I figured I would give it a try.