Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally going to have my first hard chromed pistol. I have been considering hard chrome for couple of years, but never sent one off. I detailed stripped the M40 thanks to the Tutorial section. I am going to have the slide and small parts hard chromed. I shall post pictures once I have it back.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Hiya Aubie :)

Good onya, Mate. I'm interested in this project of yours. Please keep us informed on your turn around time, as well. Hava good one.

Wulf

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Had mine done by Tripp a while back. It came out really nice.
There is a pic in the photo section.

·
Registered
171 Posts
...be sure to post a pic or two when you get it back.

I, like few others here, had one of my Steyr's (an M40) HC'd. APW did mine before they moved from FL.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Awesome...............they're the guys to send it to..............pics will be good...............

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The turn around time will take longer...I just dropped of the slide and parts...due to the holiday next week...Tripp will not receive my parts til next Friday.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought tenifer was in the metal, so the hard chrome shouldn't do anything bad to the tenifer.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tripp received my slide and parts today...quoted me $95 for hc and $15 to ship...I read where guys were paying $70 for hc and $10 to ship, but I cannot complain too much because I've wanted hc for a while now...so hopefully I will have it back in a week or so.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I thought about having Tripp do some hard chrome, but I can get Birdsong's Black T on all the metal parts for hardly any more.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I read about the Black T...sounds like good stuff...I've used John Norrell's Moly Resin on some items I have, but I figured I never sent a piece in for hard chrome...I hear Tripp does great work, so I figured I would give it a try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts