M40-A1 trigger or striker issue

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by MattFrau, Jun 18, 2020.

1. MattFrau

MattFrau New Member

I purchased a pre-owned M40-A1. The first 2 mags I went through were a nightmare. After the pistol fired, the trigger would not be able to be pulled again to fire another round. I would pull the trigger and there was no click. I would then have to slightly pull back on the slide and release in order for the trigger to work again. Any ideas?

2. Michael Dobesch

Michael Dobesch Member

did you check if the slide really went back to its original position after the first shot?
    if the pistol is a bit dirty or badly oiled, it can sometimes happen that the slide gets stuck before the end-position and then the trigger cannot be released.

3. Case

Case Well-Known Member

It sounds like a possible broken drop safety for the seer or the trigger safety bar is bent .

4. silentheart

silentheart Active Member

Hi Mattfrau,
    1 welcome to Steyr family.
    2 to help us figure out the issue, I assume the empty case was ejected and new round is chambered? Or are you dry firing without a round in chamber?
    3 is the trigger fail to reset or round did not go full into battery?
    Sorry, I am not sure when you say you need to pull the slide back a little to pull the trigger again, do you mean it was out of battery or trigger is not cocked.

Case likes this.