M40-A1 on the way from CDNN

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Netfotoj, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I'm about to become the proud owner of my second Steyr MA1. I ordered a .40 cal today from CDNN for the "I stole this pistol" price of $349.95. Maybe I should have that engraved on the slide. Just kidding. :lol:

I'm about to become the proud owner of fraternal twins with the M40-A1 joining my M357-A1. I'm already thinking about a firing drill with one pistol in each hand, like Rooster Cogburn in the big shootout at the end of True Grit. :twisted:

CDNN still has .40s and 9s in stock, so get yours while you can. This will likely be a once-in-a-lifetime deal. :mrgreen:

Double range report to come, perhaps as early as this weekend if my Steyr No. 2 arrives in time. Yippee-Ki-Yaaah! :!:

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

had an opportunity to get one too. My friend ordered one and I was going to but decided I needed to pay bills................. :cry:

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Congrat's *foto* :)

Send us an RR and a pic of ya goin' Rooster Cogburn...big ol' cowboy hat, boots, reins in your teeth, patch over one eye...nekid! LMFAO! :lol: What a pic that'd be!...one for the grandkids. :p

Wulf <-- still laffin' 'is arse off

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Now you need an M9A1 to complete the trinity :wink:

5. tglahn17

tglahn17 Member

Hi, everyone,

Those CDNN close-out prices are amazing. I just wish I knew about this back in January. I tried to order a Tactical Elite yesterday. All gone. Bummer,

6. sewerman

sewerman Premium Member

welcome to the tribe! :wink:

7. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

How right you are, Syntax. I'm starting now to save my pennies in hopes that CDNN will still have some M9-A1s left when I get enough saved up.

And that says a whole lot about how much I like Steyr pistols. Being a 10mm owner and a Navy vet who loved to shoot those old wore-out 1911 .45s, I've always been pretty much of a 9mm snob. Never figured I'd ever want one.

But if CDNN's got anymore of those $349 M9-A1s when I scrape the cash together, I'll be a 9mm snob no more. :mrgreen:

And I got a hat and an eye patch, but I don't think I'll go nekkid at the range this weekend, sorry Wulf. Little too chilly yet. Imagine trying to explain that as you get drug off to jail. "But officer, I ain't even drunk!" :oops:

8. golfer393

golfer393 Guest

My M40-A1 just came in today from CDNN. The guy at my local gunshop who received it for me had never seen a Steyr. He was amazed at the quality and style. He plans to order a few for his shop from CDNN. Great looking pistol for the money! I'm off to the range today or tomorrow to give it a try.

9. fossten

fossten Guest

Newbie first post

Hey guys, just ordered my M9-A1. It should be here Tuesday. I was wondering if anybody had an inside track on an inexpensive source to get the DeSantis Speed Scabbard, as my CCW should be here in a few weeks as well. I checked Davidson's and couldn't find one for the Steyr.

10. dwillia29

dwillia29 New Member

Just got off the phone with CDNN. It appears that they don't ship handguns to Maryland. Local dealer wants $549 + tax. GB.com + FFL fees = ~$480.

They're not alone; I've encountered a fair number of gun-related businesses who will do no, or only ltd. business w/ Maryland due to our state's draconian gun laws.

This is the last straw. I mean it. I'm selling my house and moving to CA. Or maybe NJ.

Seriously tho, I'm tired of paying hyper-inflated taxes only to have them used against me. And I'm leaving. Only 10 miles to Arlington, VA, and I'll be closer to work -- and further from DC -- than I am now.

In closing, I've temporarily added a quote from that cranky, Baltimore newspaperman which sums up my present feelings nicely.

And to all of you who live in states where you have the opportunity to purchase ridiculously cheap Steyrs from CDNN... I HATE YOU! :wink:

11. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

That's disgusting "29"....................................... I'd leave Maryland just for that.............. :evil:

12. SteyrGB

SteyrGB New Member

Davidson's part # on the Desantis Speed Scabbard is 002TAN1Z0. You will need to enter your zipcode to find a link to a local online dealer with shopping cart on their website and click on featured items and then click on weekly specials on the bottom and 3/4 down the list are the Steyr specials. Compare prices between the local dealers as prices are set by the dealer.

13. fossten

fossten Guest

Jeez, $15 shipping, the holster costs almost the same as if I bought it from a dealer.

14. Good Grab.

At those prices you really can't go wrong. :D

15. SteyrGB

SteyrGB New Member

You got to add some sale priced $20 hi-cap magazines to your order to off-set the shipping cost.

16. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

M40-A1 arrived from CDNN!

After FedEx and UPS had completed their Friday runs to my local gun shop, I resigned myself to waiting until Monday for the arrival of my new M40-A1 from CDNN.

But lo and behold, the phone ringeth on Saturday morning. The U.S. Postal Service hath dropped off my M40-A1!

I made haste up to the gun shop and picketh it up! :mrgreen:

Here's a photo of the new fraternal twins, M357-A1 on the left, M40-A1 on the right. Old Faithful S&W 1076 10mm is in the back on the right and the little guy on the back left is my (wife's) Walther P22.

[​IMG]

The beautiful weather we've been enjoying here in the sunny South went somewhere else yesterday and with chilly winds returned, I'll have to wait until next weekend to pop a few caps at the range with my new M40-A1.

Range report delayed, but surely coming soon. Still in mind is a new Rooster Cogburn shooting drill, M357-A1 in the left hand and M40-A1 in the right hand. :twisted:

17. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *foto* :)

Nice stable, Bro. So ya only need a 9MM to complete your ensemble! Crazy, Man..crazy. 8) And "yeahhh", RR time. Did ya think we'd forget??? :shock: Hava great weekend. :p

Wulf

18. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

There's an M9 in your future

19. foxbat

foxbat Guest

New to the group

I'm fairly new on this forum and do not yet own a Steyr but I want too. I've seen several posts about CDNN on this forum. I've always bought my weapons locally. It sounds like CDNN is a pretty good website to get a deal on. What is CDNN? Can you please provided me a link? I tried looking it up on the web and found a website that listed gun parts but did not have any weapons for sale. Thanks for the help.