Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have to agree, what you did was a little drastic. But,..It's your rig, and if you don't mind lowering the monitary value of the weapon, far be it for me to say you went at it from the wrong angle.

A heat gun to the Kydex would definately been a better answer for me. But hey, if you are going to keep the gun forever, and never want to mount a light, laser, scope, etc, then congrats man, you got exactly what you wanted. I'm glad you're happy with it.

I can't talk though, I'm heavily modifying my Bushmaster M17S. Barrel length, reciever length, cooling holes, mag well trimming, handle removing, adding upper and lower P'rails, etc.

It just goes to show... Make it "Yours", and you can't go wrong....unless, of course, you are buying a weapon to make a profit later, then it is all situational and subjective.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wulf said:
Purchasing a Steyr M or S or M-A1 is a very safe bet in todays market, they have been innovative and built to a very high standard of excellence for many years. Their inability to properly market their products in the USA has been a major setback for their popularity. Furthermore, if they would manufacture an M45A-1, all Hell would break loose for many American firearms manufacturers, IMHO. Glock has its G36 that has more recently hit the market and is doing very well and its not a 9mm or a 40 S&W...its a 45 ACP! I'm sorry for getting so long-winded. I just hate to see Steyr and their supporters bogged-down in some European quagmire deciding what calibres are desireable for the American market and limiting variations on its products.
I agree, I'd love to see an M45 A1

I love the way all I have to do is drop in a 357 sig barrel into my M40 and I hve an M357-A1, hehe, but I imagine a bunch of .40's can do that.

I don't think that there is a choice really, since Steyr is manufacturing in the US now, they will grab a chunk of the market, and accy companies will have to start producing for the whole product line... they would be crazy not to, as there is a large Steyr following, much more of a following than I thought there was.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.