Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a handed down M357 with the Date code of GOO (Oct 2000). It has not been fired until recently when I took it to the range. I put 150 rds through it so far. In about every 8 to 10 rds the shell wouldn't eject properly and jammed. I was shooting it with Ultramax, the re-manufactured ammo from Midway USA. It is very frustrating. I took the pistol apart and cleaned everything and the problem still does not go away. I called Steyr and left a VM with Jeff as well as sent them a note via their website two days ago and heard nothing back as of yet. Any of the pro or M357 owner on this board come across or know this issue? The M357 is a nice pistol and it felt great in my hand. But I would like to get the ejection issue resolve so I can really enjoy shooting it. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
A pistol that old is liable to have ejection problems, after that gun was made, there was a new extractor design made. Just give Jeff some time... he will get you fixed up good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have you tried NON-reman ammo? Ironically, I spoke to Jeff this week at SAI regarding a used M357 pro/cons, etc, he stated best not to use reload ammo in it. Try dialing them direct and ask for Jeff, (205) 655-8299.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback... I have already left a VM for Jeff. I am going to send him an email as well. It is good to know there may be a fix to this (updated extractor).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts