M357 a1????

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by ThorInc, Jul 23, 2012.

1. ThorInc

ThorInc New Member

Anyone have or had one..........................seems extremely elusive!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Specter

Specter New Member

I've got one. They are very elusive, not too sure if Steyr plans on producing more- would be something both for us to look in to.

Feel free to ask questions- send a PM and what not.

3. steyrcase

steyrcase Member

I had one, or rather I had an M40-A1 and a 357 SIG conversion barrel.
    357 SIG is a blast, literally. I would not want to fire one indoors without hearing protection.
    If I hadn't been jobless for a while I'd never have sold it.

4. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

i picked one up not too long ago. fantastic ballistic performance. Wulf recommended one, and i'm glad i took his advise!

5. ThorInc

ThorInc New Member

I have been looking for about 3 months up North but with thinning luck hence my sig line :)

6. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Thor* :)

They are harder to come by, but they are still in production, we just don't get many of 'em across The Pond. <shrug>

LEO's and Spec Forces are well aware of their superb performance envelopes with a variety of bullets, from 85 gr to 158 gr JHP's, taylor-made. ;)

We hadda thread that alerted Club Members of their availability, but I guess that hasn't been used for a while now. I keep checkin' up on Gunbroker.com and haven't seen many surface of late...not at prices I could afford.

I think maybe there is a close following and they are bought whenever thay become available.

Eventually they will surface again in greater quantities, but for now be vigilant.

Like *headx* said, "I recommend 'em".

Good luck!

Wulf <-- still wantin' ta pick uppa L357-A1 [​IMG]

7. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I am not sure what everyone here is talking about... I never have any trouble finding Steyr M357 or M357-A1's when I need to...

I just open up my safe and there they are...

Two M357 and two M357-A1 (one with Manual Safety), and one each (even more elusive) S357 and S357-A1.

Fun to shoot! You should get one!

8. ThorInc

ThorInc New Member

LOL, working on it!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

See? You guys are doing it wrong... If you want a M357[A1], just got check babj615's safe. :D

10. ThorInc

ThorInc New Member

Well, I put one on order through my regular firearms store and the wait will be 4-6 months for a 2012 model. It will go fast.......thanks for the encouragement guys.