M357-A1 range report

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by mugdava, Apr 28, 2007.

1. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey All!

I went to Range Masters for some range time tonight. My USP Match clone drew a lot of attention, as did my Steyr M357-A1. Anyone who was game turned a few rounds in each, with both getting high praise. I put 150 rounds(100 x .357sig & 50 x .40s&w) through the Steyr and 50 rounds through the Match clone, both did me proud w/ 0 failures. Here's some pics:

What's different about my M357-A1?
    [​IMG]

10 rounds of 357sig(125 gr Speer TMJ) in each target at 21 feet:
    [​IMG]

10 rounds of 40s&w(165 gr Speer GDHP) in each target at 21 feet:
    [​IMG]

USP Match clone, no target needed as it's hard to miss w/ this tac driver:
    [​IMG]
    _______
    mugdava

2. tglahn17

tglahn17 Member

Dude!

I see who was the king of the range that night. Later,

3. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

that's what i'm talking about!!!

nice shootin' tex!!!

4. Heat

Heat Guest

Wow amazing shooting!

5. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Nice shooting, and always glad to hear of a malfunction free trip to the range

6. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Maybe one day I'll be able to shoot my M357-A1 that good. Nice work, mugdava!

I just need practice, practice and more practice.

Loaded up to head out to the range today with my M357-A1 on my right side in my new De Santis Speed Scabbard and my new (to me) G29 in my old-reliable, fit-any-auto Bianchi Accumold holster on my left side.

Get to the range and it looks a bit crowded. What's up? Once a year my range at Millstone 4-H Camp near Ellerbe, NC, hosts all the 4-H shooting clubs for youth from all over the state. Guess what today is? Oh well.

Teenagers with rifles, shotguns, pistols and archery equipment everywhere. Me wearing two pistols doesn't even raise an eyebrow. Just another gun nut amongst a statewide gathering of gun nuts. Just more gray-haired.

No room at the inn. Still haven't fired my G29, but maybe next week. The suspense is killing me. :evil:

7. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

"Teenagers with rifles, shotguns, pistols and archery equipment everywhere. Me wearing two pistols doesn't even raise an eyebrow."
    -----------------------------------------------------
    That's the way it used to be most everywhere, and should be everywhere today.

8. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey All!

Thanks!

With over 2000 rounds through this Bad Boy :twisted: , I'm startin' to get my boogie on w/ it. I've put over 600 rounds in the 40 barrel alone, and I've only had it a short while. Almost everytime I take my M357-A1 to range someone gets introduced it's goodness. The look on their faces is almost always the same, kinda like where did You find this little secret! As I have 700 rounds of 357sig(125 gr Speer TMJ) left, it should get plenty of range time in the near future.
    _______
    mugdava