M357-A1 range report, The saga continues

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by mugdava, May 6, 2007.

1. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey All!

I took both my M357-A1 and my USP Match clone out for some range time. I put another 200 rounds through the Steyr and 100 in the Match. It seems these two pistols get more attention than any others in my stable. :wink: I also brought my Ruger P95, but it never came out of the box. :shock: Poor Ruger... :twisted: I haven't had a single problem of any kind since SAI changed out the extractor. In fact, I've taken to running it dirty trying to cause a failure of some sort, but no dice. I'm guessing it's been about 500 round since I've cleaned the Steyr and I'm thinkin' I might wait another 500 rounds before it gets a good cleanin'. Even dirty the trigger is good, not great, but much better than when it was new.

All 200 rounds I put through the Steyr were Speer 125 gr TMJ. I've never had anything other than fantastic results w/ this ammo. My Steyr loves this stuff! :roll:

The USP Match ate up 100 rounds of range reloads because they are cheap.(and available!) It didn't seem to mind the cheap stuff! :wink:

On to the pics. Steyr target w/ 50 rounds of Speer 125 gr TMJ's at 21 feet:
    [​IMG]

HK target w/ 50 rounds of range reloads 230 gr FMJ at 21 feet:
    [​IMG]

While I was at the range I got to visit my P7M8's(The Twins!). P7M8 #111 of 500 is a shooter w/ about 200 rounds throught it, while P7M8 #110 of 500 is destined to be my Safe Queen. Being as I'm in California, I'm only allowed one new pistol purchase every 30 days. :evil: I get to bring one home on 5-20-07, and the other a month later. :evil: I took a few pics to remind me how sweet They are! here's the pics.

First, The Twins:
    [​IMG]

Second, P7M8 #111(The Shooter!) and my M357-A1:
    [​IMG]
    _______
    mugdava

2. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Schweet twins and nice shooting.
    Glad there was no malf drama in the saga.

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

You're working on quite the H&K collection! I'm jealous, as usual... :) Great shooting!

4. tglahn17

tglahn17 Member

Targets say owwww! Nice shooting. Later,

5. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey Guys!

Thanks! I really need to start going to range only once every other week, instead of weekly. :shock: It's just so freakin' fun blastin away! :twisted:

I'm done buyin' HK's. What I really need is a brand spankin' new S40-A1, so I can say I have a Steyr collection! :wink:

Oh yeah, my brother now wants a M40-A1. He's swingin' over to the Dark Side. I'm in California, so CDNN isn't an option. Any suggestions!
    _______
    mugdava

6. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i've heard that davidson's still has some m series lying around. prolly aren't shipping them to dealers because the dealers aren't asking for them. they may not even be listed in the literature that goes out to the dealers.

if you found a local davidson's dealer, they might be able to swing you a deal.

i bought the m9 from my favorite little gun shop who deals with davidson's. then (2004?) it was around 400 out the door with a couple of mags. my favorite little gun shop does pretty well price wise. might be more?

edited to say...

what's this every other week crap!!! twice a week minimum!!!

haven't you heard? the ammo manufacturers are on the verge of bankruptcy because of a war and a general loss of interest in shooting!!! we really should do all we can to help keep 'em afloat. :roll:

7. smores

smores Guest

CDNN won't ship to California? I had to overcome the same hurdle. Not sure how your state handles used gun transfers, but I was able to have someone in another state receive a gun from CDNN for me, then it became used. It was then transferred through FFL's to me after all the paperwork was done. I still came out paying about $125 less than what I would have paid any shop in my area for an M-A1. See if there's anyone willing to help you out ;)

8. Dag

Dag Guest

CDNN won't ship to Kalifornia

Hi mugdava - I also live in CA (north San Diego county), and couldn't find an M40-A1 anywhere locally. I ended up using GunBroker.com to get my new toy. I used a local dealer for the receiving FFL, and the seller had no problem shipping to CA. GunBroker also has a link to help you find a receiving dealer, if you need it. The seller even tossed in an extra 10 round mag (3 total). I paid $425, plus shipping. The receiving dealer charged $40, plus the state sales tax and transfer fee. My guess is that I paid about the same as if I got a good price locally. I used "Paula" who got the gun from Davidson's, but check the buyer feedback to see what kind of history a seller has. My first internet gun purchase, and I had a good experience. Do your homework, and you shouldn't have any problems. I have no connection whatever to GunBroker.com, this is my personal experience only. YMMV

Dag

9. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

nice pics and shooting...

Never seen the two guns togather...looks like HK has even lower bore axis than Steyr :shock: I've never shot one, how's the muzzle flip?

[​IMG]

10. smores

smores Guest

Re: CDNN won't ship to Kalifornia

Your FFL shouldn't have charged you sales tax unless it was purchased (from the FFL it came from) within your state. They're just pocketing extra money.... unless of course CA has some insane law which forces you to pay sales tax on things purchased out of the state once it crosses the border. It wouldn't surprise me one bit :roll:

11. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Re: nice pics and shooting...

The P7M8 has a very little muzzle flip for a gun of it's size. When I'm on, that thing sings! :roll: I haven't even racked the slide on #110, I figure I'll sit on it for a while and see how they appreciate. It's hard to keep the round count down on #111, but I'm doin' best. :wink:
    _______
    mugdava

12. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Re: nice pics and shooting...

...as far as I can tell, HK's P7 has the LOWEST bore axis of any pistol available...

..as for muzzle flip; Just acquired my first P7M8 recently, and is in such preemo condition that I constantly fight an internal battle over "To Shoot? or Not To Shoot?".....

...grrrrr....

:? :? :?

13. Dag

Dag Guest

CDNN won't ship to Kalifornia

Hi Cold_Fluorescence:

Honestly, I don't know for sure about the sales tax, but you better believe I'm going to find out! Thanks for the heads-up. Short of going to court, there's probably not much I can do about it, other than take my business elsewhere.

Dag

14. Dag

Dag Guest

California Sales Tax on Internet Gun Sales

Hi Cold_Fluorescence:

Well, after doing a little reading on the California Board of Equalization web site, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that Internet gun sales, from an out of state dealer, are not subject to California Sales Tax. :) The bad news is that they are subject to a California Use Tax! For the city of Escondido, where the receiving dealer is located, that rate is 7.75%. Oh poo! :cry:

Thanks for the comment, at least now I'm a little better educated.

Dag

15. flyandscuba

flyandscuba Guest

Glad to see all of you joining the true cult -- the Cult of the P7! :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

16. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey Flyandscuba!

Mmmmm!

Blue P7M10's 8) One of The Holy Grails of HK! Now that's an HK collection! :twisted:

Hey Babj615!

If it was me and If it's been fired, I'd put a few through it just to see the smile on my face! :wink:

_______
    mugdava

17. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

OOOHHHHH DRRROOOOOOOLLLLL !!!!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Isn't it kinda selfish to keep all those P7's to yourself?

:wink: