M1912 new owner seeking resources

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by GonzoGeezer, Apr 1, 2017.

1. GonzoGeezer

GonzoGeezer New Member

Hello All,

I collect C&R pistols, mostly inter-war. I just picked up a nice complete M1912. I have been looking in the interwebz for resources and found this site. After getting registered I see there isn't much if anything about Steyr's early products.

Are you guys into the old timers or is this a modern gun forum.

--gonzo

2. dash

dash Member

You may find some info here in the Other Handgun forum, but take a look over at the Luger gunboards forum. I also own a 1917 dated 1912...with an original holster. Ammo is pretty scarce, but can be found. Mine worked ok with vintage ammo. Since it's first and only outing, I've managed to find some newer manufactured

3. GonzoGeezer

GonzoGeezer New Member

Thanks for the reply. I use Jan Still to learn about my other 'senior citizens' as well. I was lucky enough to find some new production ammo at what I considered to be a a not too unreasonable price (translation: I did not have to sell a kidney to finance the sale) and did a short function test today at my club. Very stable soft-shooting pistol. I am quite happy with it.

When I disassembled it I was concerned about the profile of the extractor hook but it ran fine today. I am still on the look-out for a spare; it is the only part that look like it might ever become an issue, the rest of the gun is in remarkable condition.

--gonzo