M1 compatability

Discussion in 'AUG, MSAR' started by Caliber.666, May 10, 2016.

1. Caliber.666

Caliber.666 New Member

So I just got an almost new in box AUG A3M1 in trade for one of my ARs, and it just so happens to be a short rail variant...my least favorite optioned model.
    Because I never planned on getting any of the M1 models, I don't know as much about them as I prefer the much longer railed A3SA models.

Are there any longer rail options for the M1 models? If not, can I swap the rail off of a long rail M1 onto the short rail model I have? Hell, are the rails even removable on the M1 models?

Hell, I'll even trade it for someone's long rail model, or A3SA model if it saves time and money.

2. Rufio

Rufio New Member

The extended rail sold by PJs will solve this problem.

3. SamTango

SamTango New Member

To resurrect a dead thread, I've got an A3, and have the opportunity to buy an M1 1.5 scope. I know that I can't use my longer A3 rails on the M1 because the M1 has the sling swivel attachment permanently fixed as part of the receiver, but since the A3 has a complete flat top, would the M1 scope fit? I know there would be a gap where the M1 sling swivel would be, but is the screw spacing on the receivers the same?

Does anyone have an A3 and an M1 that would be willing to try to mount the M1 optic on the A3 receiver? Thanks!