M series owners sound off.

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Guest, Mar 23, 2005.

1. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

None, use the one S mag it came w/ and your existing M mags.

2. flyandscuba

flyandscuba Guest

M40 and M357 here. I've had them for a couple of years now. They used to be my favorite -- but since I started carrying an HK P7M8 they rarely get any attention.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I've a very happy owner of two M40s. I got my first very shortly after they were introduced, then sent it in for modification when the trigger upgrade was offered. Last year when the prices started getting really affordable I bought a second one. And on the day when the "assault" weapon ban was lifted, I bought three full-capacity magazines from CDNN.

I'm still watching the gun shows around here for a good deal on an M9. I need to get one before the A1 models take over the market.

And on the day they start offering the L model in either .45 ACP or .45 GAP, I will order at least one of them, too. Maybe two.

Cheers,
    DR

4. Guest

Guest Guest

What do you call a good deal? I would think $250 from CDNN for a new M9 can't be beat!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

My M40 is my favorite .40 cal gun that I own. I also own a XD40, but the recoil is a lot more tame on the Steyr. If you like a little more power then buy the M40.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Unfortunately, since I don't have an FFL, I can't get one direct from CDNN. So I'd have to have a dealer order it for me, and pay the shipping ($35) plus some amount of markup (probably another $30 or so) plus the amount that the governor steals from all us citizens.

Meanwhile, at a gun show in February, I saw an as-new M9 at one of the tables go for $200. Now that's what I call a good deal. (I wasn't fast enough to take advantage of it.)

Cheers,
    DR

7. CGuns

CGuns New Member

DR, Go to http://www.gunsamerica.com and do the FFL Dealer lookup search. It uses the Area Code on your Tel. number. That might help your situation.

CGuns

8. Guest

Guest Guest

CDNN can look up FFLs they have on file by zip code. They can probably put you in touch with someone local. All shipping is $10 flat, and you can probably find someone to do a $20 transnfer. That may seem a little high if you have seen M9's for $200 though...

9. M-40

I am a full-time law student with a finite amount of money so when I decided to buy a pistol I did alot of research to find the best and most cost effective one in production. I read reviews on a host of different pistols, spent alot of time trying to compare engineering schematics of different models, and rented a host of pistols at a local indoor firing range. In the end there was one clear choice the Steyr M-40 and I have never been disappointed in my decision to purchase this fine work of art.

I have never had a single malfunction with the pistol and carry it concealed with absolute faith that it will be there when I most need it. I keep it clean, well oiled, and avoid certain types of ammunition. It is my favorite possession and best friend. I love my Steyr.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I love mine and wouldn't trade them for the world.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Had one for a couple of months now. Bought it at the grocery store. Love that gun.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

You must be another one of those Alaska guys...or is there someplace else in the country that still sells handguns at the grocery store??

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Is it safe to say you're going to get "carded" there? :p :lol:

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I am one of those Alaska guys. :)

I was at the store with my wife and kids and was looking at the gun case while she was getting some groceries. While I was looking at the M9 the sales guy mentioned that the storewide 10% coupon was good for guns as well. Bought it right there. Just couldn't pass up a gun purchase with a store coupon. :D

15. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

I still get a kick out of your story :lol:

16. srfl

srfl Guest

I just sent a money order off to purchase my 9th Steyr (a used M40 with NS).

I have: 2 x M9; 2 x S9; 2 x S40; 1 x M357; 1 x M40 (2 when the other comes in).

17. WorldPax

WorldPax Guest

We have a winner, DING-DING-DING!

member with the most Steyrs

18. srfl

srfl Guest

Cool! I hope I win a cool prize! I'd like to make it an even 10 with another M357. Someday I'll get one each of the A1 series too.

LewisQ, a member at 10mmtalk.com has 10 Steyrs (I think 7 or 8 of them are M357's).

19. Guest

Guest Guest

I have an M9

I recently acquired a M9 with a few 10 round mags. Hopefully very soon I be getting some 14 round mags.

This site has really taken off since the last time I visited \:D/