M & S Series Grip Mod

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by ToadWhisperer, Sep 26, 2007.

1. ToadWhisperer

ToadWhisperer New Member

Just wanted to share a little mod I came up with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I work at a place that has in house checkering so I asked one of the checkerers if she would do a little quicky on my M40
    I had her cut half the depth of the existing ridges.

2. madecov

madecov Active Member

That's very nice and tastefully done.

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Attaboy, Toad* :)

Don't be too scared ta make your Steyr your own! :p Consider it your canvas. Whataya wanna paint? :shock:

Wulf <-- digs fearless ppl

4. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

I like it!!!

Looks nice and clean 8)

5. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

First class job. Wish I had my own personal checkerer. I only have grocery store checkouterers.

6. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Nice and clean. Looks good.

7. ToadWhisperer

ToadWhisperer New Member

8. MACHINgunIST

MACHINgunIST Guest

What the others said.......first class job....looks OEM.

9. unit1069

unit1069 Member

Did you have to put the safety on yourself or did you buy the pistol with the safety?

I would have ordered an M9-A1 with the safety like yours but I had read those aren't shipped to America.

Very nice looking pistol!

10. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

All of the original M series came with a manual safety... It is the A1 series that does not (in America, at least...).

11. remat457

remat457 New Member

Wow!!! What a great job and I suspect will help grip quite a bit!

12. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

got to visit this fine firearm last week. asked my brother how he liked his new steyr and he just smiled, reached behind his back and pulled it out. shoots real nice and the stippling looks great. haven't had a lot of experience but of the half dozen or so polymer pistols in .40 i've shot this one had the easiest recoil.

my sister gave it a whirl with an unusual grasp the butt of the grip with your support hand technique and didn't seem to mind the recoil at all. (i corrected her once and she gave the two hand grip a try before reverting to her method, and i figured who am i to argue with someone who has successfully taken out a snake and a seemingly rabid groundhog with a handgun during a couple occasions of high anxiety)

my dad, who has been debilitated by strokes and is nearly blind in his good eye even got into the act and was able to touch off a couple of weak gripped one hand shots from his battery powered chair and showed us all up with a round within an inch of center.

it was a good time.

also discovered that release of the manual safety requires much more grip adjustment due to my short fingers than i would be comfortable with if needed in a hurry and am glad i had gotten an A1 instead.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008