Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here ever see or know of a Model M Professional in 7.5x55 Swiss? I see in the Blue Book where some were made but I have never seen one. The Swiss is such a great round even in the relatively weak straight pull action, I think it would be very good in a strong bolt gun. The case holds about the same amount of powder as the 30-06 and would certainly be just as good in the field. Its something I could see owning should I ever encounter one, unlikely as that seems.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
As you can tell, I'm also in love with the 7.5x55 Swiss. I've never looked for one in the US. I suspect that most of them were sold in Europe, to, who else?, the Swiss.

I will admit to straying though, now I'm really in love with the 6.5 Grendel. It's just got better ballistics. Still that K31 straight pull machinery is soooo smooth.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes indeed, I am quite fond of my K31. It shoots very well especially with GP11 ball, so far better than any handload I have come up with. That is really good ammo! I found a Berdan decapper on ebay made just for this round, works on the water hydraulic system, so I can reload those nice cases. Just hate throwing them out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts