M Professional 7.5 Swiss

Discussion in 'Other Rifles' started by 7x64, Jan 19, 2012.

1. 7x64

7x64 New Member

Anyone here ever see or know of a Model M Professional in 7.5x55 Swiss? I see in the Blue Book where some were made but I have never seen one. The Swiss is such a great round even in the relatively weak straight pull action, I think it would be very good in a strong bolt gun. The case holds about the same amount of powder as the 30-06 and would certainly be just as good in the field. Its something I could see owning should I ever encounter one, unlikely as that seems.

2. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

As you can tell, I'm also in love with the 7.5x55 Swiss. I've never looked for one in the US. I suspect that most of them were sold in Europe, to, who else?, the Swiss.

I will admit to straying though, now I'm really in love with the 6.5 Grendel. It's just got better ballistics. Still that K31 straight pull machinery is soooo smooth.

3. 7x64

7x64 New Member

Yes indeed, I am quite fond of my K31. It shoots very well especially with GP11 ball, so far better than any handload I have come up with. That is really good ammo! I found a Berdan decapper on ebay made just for this round, works on the water hydraulic system, so I can reload those nice cases. Just hate throwing them out.