1. GTrain

GTrain Guest

Today at the range i was shooting my M-9 and had a jam. it was identical to the jam that jjuarez had with cheap steel cased ammo. The only differance is that i was using winchestar white box 115grain FMJ and that the fired case in the chamber slid out easily with a flat head screw driver. After i cleared the chamber and reloaded it, i had no more problems the rest of the day. i shot maybe 50 more rounds after that. i have never had any problems with this gun and apsolutly love it. i figured it may be a worn extractor as this gun has had alot of rounds through it. Any help would be appreciated. I have also a M40-A1 that i also love and am thinking of getting a S-9 or S-40 for conceal carry, What are everyones thought on carry issues with S series guns? and what holsters work best? I have read from other topics about taking apart the sub frame and doing other things to the guns like polishing parts to improve trigger feel, etc. etc. , i would like to try this to my guns and i am very mechanically inclined but are smart enough not to take something apart without knowing excactly how it works and things to watch for as to not to screw things up to were i have take my gun (parts in a box) to a gunsmith for help. if anybody has some hints and maybe a breakdown of how it should be done would be nice. thanks everyone. Knowledge is power!

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

sounds like your exractor gave up it's grip on that case. if it's one in 1000 rounds, i wouldn't worry. if it's one in 100, send it to sai. that's what they're there for.

as far as polishing/tuning up the gun. i created a very detailed explanation of this. as deluxe247 has been redoing the site, some of my tutorials have begun to spring back up.

with time, this one may be back up as well. i did it all in one shot in a tutorial format because to try to explain everything to everybody individually and without pictures is quite an unbearable task.

many users had great success using these guides and i didn't have a single question or problem regarding their use.

hopefully they will soon be available.

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Hey BT,

are there MORE than the five listed here: https://www.steyrclub.com???

4. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

only one of mine is currently up. the other excellent tutorials were done by other members.

5. Deluxe247

Deluxe247 Supporting Member

I will be getting BT's other tutorials up as soon as I can. Please be patient. Sorry about the inconvenience...

-D

6. GTrain

GTrain Guest

deluxe, your doin a great job.... i dont know where i would be without this site.