Steyr Club Forums banner
2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Talyn 
#1 ·
hello everybody,
after a long wait we finally got our new old M-9 out of the military depot in the domenican republic.
it had the slightest corrosion and came with one 10-round magazine,which should be sufficient for self-defence.
luckily some soldier sold us 100 rounds of aguilla 124grain luger for the bargain price of about 70 dollars.
after the official 3000 dollars we had to pay for the gun that seemed cheap.well,thats the way it is here.
at home i field stripped and cleaned the gun and yesterday we took it to some quiet place to shoot the first
50 rounds.
gun worked perfect,my aiming at 10 yards was ok,4 ot of 5 in a 7 inch radius, i am happy,
considering i only shot a cp 99 walther airgun at 7yards in germany.
at the price of bullets here more than 50 rounds a month training i will not afford,but so far
i think i made a good choice with the steyr.
a good day to all,andd may god prevent i will ever have to shoot a man.

#2 ·
Hiya tobyd :)

Welcome ta the Club, Bro.

When ya getta chance and you can afford it, practice at the range with ammo.

But, til then your M9 is striker fired, so you can dry fire it, cycle it and dry fire it all ya like, after having checked to make sure that its not loaded!

Keep it clean and lubed.

Be Safe.

Wulf

#3 ·
thanks wulf,
nothing like a range out here,but plenty of wild nature,
will try to find ammo a little cheaper and practice as much as i can afford,
dry fired it before first use and practice aimig dry,
thanks for the advice,
greetings ,toby

#5 ·
domenican gun-laws!!!they stoped importing 2002 abouts,so prices are on a steady rise for legal guns.
you can get all you want illegal from haiti,but that ll get you 5 years in a nice hot domenican prison
if you get caught,so i m quiet happy i found such a nice gun legally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.