Lost and Found

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by travellock, Oct 13, 2007.

1. travellock

travellock New Member

Thanks for your response to use your site.Been hunting for someone who knows what a Steyr is? Bought mine (M40A1) about 3months ago and started shooting that day,only problem I have is not being able to shoot it enough.Not many gun magazines mention steyr guns. For awhile I thought I had a one of a kind gun until I found your site. I'am impressed with the way everyone treats each other and I see mutual respect for others all over this site. Iam looking foward to learning alot from all of you. Iam always interested in others views,opinions and information. I carry because I'am to old for hand to hand combat but I don't worry because my aims still good. Thanks for your time.

2. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Welcome aboard travellock!!!!

You will like it here...

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Greetings, Mr. Travel* :p

Welcome ta The Club. Don't forget, ya can jump in anytime. :shock: Plenty of lurkers we got already. <shrug> But, its the more active members that make this website what it is. We're lookin' forward ta havin' ya chime in whenever ya feel the need. Don't be scared. ;) Hava great weekend. :)

Wulf

4. nixon

nixon Member

travel,
    Try to find some time to shoot more and let us hear from your range time escapades. You may want to put a steel guide rod to make your piece function smoothly and have consistent return to battery for an easier handling pistol. Welcome !!!
    Nixon,

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Welcome aboard. I'm also too old for hand to hand combat (or any kind of combat) and your comment "I carry because" reminded me of something I just read called “Why do you carry a gun?”

It's a column from the July/August 2005 issue of American Handgunner magazine by John Connor. He's a classic.

[​IMG]

He often mentions "Little Lizzie" in his columns, but I just now got around to finding this original column where he tells who Little Lizzie is and why she comes to mind when someone asks him why he carries a gun?

It's well worth the time to take a read for any of us carry a gun.

http://www.americanhandgunner.com/GunCrank2.html

6. DocChronos

DocChronos Premium Member

Thanks, Netfotoj--

I just forwarded "For Little Lizzy" to my "gun" list.

Good stuff.

Doc

7. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya foto* :)

LMFAO!!! :lol:

In the past, when these Snottly types have so rudely attempted to interrupted my serenity with their under-spined and under-developed wisdom, I'd just tell 'em, "To rid the planet of ignorant fuckin' wanna be gun controllers", then ask 'em, "Why do you ask?" But, I like "The Voices" one better. :twisted: That way, ya don't gotta use the f-word. <shrug>

Wulf <-- still laffin'...hehehhe..."...voices...killer clowns...cannibals...." ;)