LORD OF WAR ON DVD

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by ministerofdeath, Jan 15, 2006.

1. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

Greetings Steyr Movie Fans!

Ok, I saw Lord of War in the theaters and I have to say it is a must see movie for anyone who would consider themselves a gun nut. Alot of action and solid acting make it one my favorites that will add to my dvd collection. The DVD will be available for purchase or rental on January 17th so pick-it up. I don't recall seeing any Steyr AUGs in the film, but I'm going to watch it again and again too see if I catch one.

Safe Shooting.

2. madecov

madecov Active Member

Excellent movie.
    Not really as anti gun as I thought hollywierd would make.

Almost documentary in style. and Cage gives a superb performance.

A must see and own flick

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

Agreed - great movie. I especially love the opening scene that traces the life of a bullet - classic.

4. CGuns

CGuns New Member

I will need to get some more photos up.

I was given all sorts of Lord of War memorabilia to decorate my armory room. I had some of it framed recently, so I will get some pictures up.

5. madecov

madecov Active Member

OK, rented it today and just watched.
    Love the movie.
    There is a second disk in the pack with deleted scenes, gun specs and other stuff.

Interviews with lots of liberals about the proliferation of small arms and problems it causes. Since this is an American movie marketed to Americans They didn't get into US gun control but, opinions were given by Amnesty International and other big control folks. I knew there had to be a liberal anti gun part in there somewhere.

6. CGuns

CGuns New Member

I got a really rare poster that is titled:

Lord of War
    A Film about a clandestine arms dealer.
    Starring Nicolas Cage and Than Hawke.

At the bottom it states:

DID YOU KNOW THAT SMALL ARMS ARE USED TO KILL APPROXIMATELY 800 PEOPLE A DAY?
    Help stop an arms trafficker. Fight against the uncontrolled global arms trade.
    See the film, JOIN Amnesty International & ACT to save lives.
    http://www.amnestyusa.org/lordofwar

- - - Needless to say, I went ape when I saw the Amnesty International part. So, I called my guy that is a printer and explained the situation. So, off the poster went and deleted went all the Amnesty BS. Now, it is a nice Lord of War poster that comments on how guns are used to kill 800 people a day. If someone sees it and questions it, such as a neighbor, I am going to explain that it is better to get shot than stabbed...and man is going to do it regardless.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Agreed, great movie and much less anti-gun (the film itself) than I expected.

I agree with CGuns that man is going to do it (kill each other) anyway. It is the one true thing - other than having sex - that humans will continue to do to each other.

Did anyone see the film "Sometimes in September" about the Rwandan massacres? Most of the nearly 1 MILLION people killed were either hacked to death with Machetes or beaten to death. It could be argued that if people had more small arms in that country it would have not have happened. Although it could also have turned into Liberia, which if anyone has seen the documentary "An Uncivil War" about that conflict it is quite shocking as well to see 12-year-olds running in the streets shooting at each other.

Humans are just plain evil at times, pure and simple.

Jeff