Looking for info on newer S series steyrs?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by turbodude, Apr 16, 2007.

1. turbodude

turbodude Guest

Its been awhile since i have been here, went thru a bunch of guns, but want to come back to this group. Haven;t found a reliable pistol with a great feel as i did with the steyr. But want to get a newer S series, are they out yet?

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

A few hundred S9A1's were sold through Gallery of Guns, but I believe they are all gone now. A few of our fellow members snatched one up and I'm sure they will chime in shortly. S40A1s and S357A1s are on the way, but there is no definitive release date yet...

3. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

4. turbodude

turbodude Guest

Dang so no more s series?

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

As I said, they are on the way. Steyr has not discontinued them - quite the opposite with the development of the S357A1. They are just over the horizon, but for now you will have to wait unless you can find someone willing to part with theirs. Perhaps check gunbroker and other auction websites?

6. Importing any firearm into the US is a pain in the butt.

My guess is that you wont see new SA1 pistols in the US until July or maybe even as late as this fall. :cry:

The good news is that they might have that new finish that Steyr has been talking about that is suppose to outdo the Glock's finish.

7. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

July?!?!?! Where's my instant gratification? Is this not the United States? I want one NOW!!!

Oh, I have to wait? *Sigh*. K. Off to the range with my MA1 then...

8. madecov

madecov Active Member

Spoke with SAI today.
    Things are very upbeat.

I would say your looking at June or July for S series pistols.