Looking for a 20-24 inch barrel for my aug a3

Discussion in 'AUG, MSAR' started by Paxton62, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Paxton62

Paxton62 New Member

are there any for sale anywhere??

2. Stet

Stet New Member

I saw that Ratworx is showing a 20 inch barrel FN CHF for sale on their site.

3. gypsyrock

gypsyrock New Member

I have a 24inch original Austrian made barrel. I bought it on armslist and it was supposed to be new old stock, and unfired. That was not the case and would like to sell it so I'm not reminded of it anymore. Send me a pm of where to send pictures of what I have, then if you are interested we can talk. This is an overview. ImageUploadedBySteyr Club1390538537.136902.jpg

4. Paxton62

Paxton62 New Member

would it fit an A3?

5. photog22740

photog22740 Member

6. gypsyrock

gypsyrock New Member

I too was considering getting one of the new 24" barrels. Unfortunately, the new production barrels don't have the bipod feature. I have been searching for a machinist to make the bipod bolt needed to reassemble this barrel. So far I haven't had any estimates that were within a reasonable price. I'm not giving up yet though. I got a chance to shoot it a couple of weeks ago, and it shot fine, but I still want to get the bipod put back to original. I now have a Steyr THB in .308 for my distance shooting, so if you are interested in taking over this project, let me know. If not, I certainly understand your hesitation. I will continue to work on its completion, and if done, I will update this thread.

7. stickyrick

stickyrick New Member

I have a 24 inch original OEM barrel with bipod virtually new. Maybe 10 to 20 rounds fired through it in mint condition. If anybody is still looking I'm ready to sell it. I know what I paid for it over 20 years ago, question as what's it worth today. And the opening bid is?

8. Rufio

Rufio Member

Steyr has a new bipod setup for their barrels. Better than the old 24" lmg barrel in my opinion.

[​IMG]