Long, but worth it!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 73sbVert, Sep 3, 2006.

1. 73sbVert

73sbVert Member

Hi guys,

This was posted on another forum, thought you would enjoy it! It's 28 min. long, but definitely worth it!! Some language, but I don't find it particularly objectionable, but then again, I was a sailor for 20 years! :lol:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4163083426

Paul

2. Lurker

Lurker Guest

Okay that was awesome, should be required watching in my opinion.
    Jackie Mason had me crying I was laughing so hard.

I have a friend that wanted to buy a gun but his wife wouldn't have it, he sent me to work on her and after about two months she was okay with him bringing home his USP, I've even gotten her to shoot it. She was worried about the kids in the house and how dangerous it would be around them. I told her about my upbringing with guns loaded (not chamberred) in the living room and that if you raise your kids around guns it is actually safer than keeping them away from them. I pointed out that a hammer can be just as deadly but she wouldn't even think twice about asking her 6 year old son to bring it to her out of the toolbox, not to metntion the knife block on the counter in the kitchen. Knives don't even have to be loaded to be lethal. I pointed out to her that most kids can't even pull the slide back on a semi-auto handgun to chamber a round, I gave her my gun to illustrate and she had a difficult time with my M40-A1 so after that she understood what I was talking about.

My buddy owes me big time and he still hasn't let me shoot his USP yet... the dirty [email protected]

Thank you very much for the link it made my day.

3. 73sbVert

73sbVert Member

Glad to help!

In my (albeit limited) experience, most people that "don't want guns in the house" know very little other than what they've heard or seen on TV. Exposure to the rest of the story is crucial to bring these folks around. Keep your fingers crossed, I'm still working on my whole state! :eek:

4. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

saw that a while ago, was floating around some forums Then the link went dead. Everyone figured google pulled it, good on them for getting it back up (or bad on them if it was put up by someone else and disappears again).