Local IDPA: Steyr M9A1 takes 2nd overall, 1st in SSP

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by ThaiBoxer, Dec 27, 2011.

1. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

If I had just 1 better stage, I would have won. OTOH, if the winner hadn't really botched one stage, he would have smoked me. Such is life...

Steyr M9A1 was flawless thru ~80 rds of case gauged reloads. I did find some high primers that I pulled before loading, likely saving me from a problem. I'm not using CCI primers anymore, too darn hard to get fully seated.

http://www.eugenepracticalshooters.com/cms/idpa-scores/92-dec-2011-idpa-scores

Go Steyr!

2. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Yeah! Go Ben!!

I can relate to the CCI primers, I had the same problem with Wolf primers. I adjusted the auto primer piston on the LnL-Classic, and now I'm not having problems. If the primer isn't high, but isn't fully seated, then the pin strike just drives it into place, with a subsequent FTF. It had pretty dimple though.

3. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

That's funny. I love Wolf/Tula b/c they seat so well; have about 20K Tula right now...

4. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

Second?

First loser eh?

Haha!

This tapatalk thing is great! I'll be able to offer up my bull crap harassment of your achievements all the time now.

Turning on a computer is SO 20th century.

Want to go shooting in austin, tx in august? Probably the second weekend.

Bill

Sent via tapatalk via phone

5. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Yep, Fust Loozah. You're spending so much time with awesome personal electronics to update your status on FB, and you've made how many matches....?

Had the most shooters ever at my USPSA match yesterday, 26, including 2-3 GMs and an M. I make hosefest 36 rd stages, and the open gunners are flocking. 5 stages....156 rds minimum. I did take Production with M9A1 by the skin of my teeth, but that was just beating the feeble, newbies and one junior.

Hey, if you have time for reading this, shouldn't you be measuring something? And I don't mean Mr Happy...

6. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

You're right!

But I don't really have time, I do this while I smoke.

I predict some measuring time coming up this week. Thursday is looking good.

I've made zero matches in 2012, just like every other pennsylvanian. Haha...

I think I'll get back to it this year.

Sent via tapatalk via phone

7. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

He's alive!!! Good to see you posting again BT!