Light / laser for the M9

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by bitten by the M9, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Where can I find a light or laser to fit on a M9 ? I just bought it off of my cousin, I had been admiring it for years and the moment he started talking about replacing it I was off to the races. He didnt care for the sights I am not a huge fan of them either they are SX night sights and I am looking forward to putting the originals back on. Want to pimp it out a bit, ordered a holster from blue line leather now trying to find accessories. Thanks for your help in advance.

2. majette

majette Member

from what i gather, the proprietary rail on the M9 has an impossible to find adapter. you may be able to go with a universal laser that mounts on the trigger guard. the A1 models have more flexibility:

[​IMG]

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Like majette said, a rail adapter is going to be very difficult to find and it is your only real option for attaching 99% of the units on the market. Try giving IGB a call (MDW Guns is their US distributor) - perhaps they have something that fits the bill?

If you can get an adapter, I use the Streamlight M6X. Streamlight/Insight makes a regular M6 that is a bit cheaper if price is a huge factor. I REALLY like this model...

[​IMG]

See my threads for more pics/details... v1.0, v2.0, v2.5, and v3.0.

4. IlovemyM9

IlovemyM9 New Member

IGB is currently out of stock with the M9/40 adapters. And they are very busy with other stuff right now. They will start a new production run only if they have more requests for the adapter. So e-mail Mrs. Carmen Schranz at [email protected]
    Maybe this will help me to finally get my adapter.
    :wink:

5. Syntax, very nice pics. You have turned out a real beast and your beauty takes excellent pictures. Thanks for the info on trying to get a light mounted. I did email Mrs. Carmen Schranz and ask to be put on the list of wanting to purchase the adapter but no response as of yet. And Majette where did you get the conceal clip , I have seen that somewhere else on the internet and dollar to donuts it was probally another pic of yours. Also I see you are across the water from me in norfolk. Where do you shoot. Bob's?

6. majette

majette Member

the G.I. Stealth is available from http://www.ghostinc.com. 29.95 plus 7.00 shipping and they have LE/Military discounts. i did a review of it in the Holsters section, works very well for me. i usually shoot at A&P Arms in virginia beach, open til 9pm monday thru saturday and til 5 on sunday. their lanes are 25yd and you can fire anything: pistol, shotgun, and rifle.

7. Bone_Enterprise

Bone_Enterprise New Member

Emailed Mrs. Schranz myself today, hopefully we can get something pushed out.

8. Wulfgar

Wulfgar Guest

Any news

I'm new here and have an old M9. Any news on the rail adapter front?
    I've been tinkering with the idea of buying a cheap LaserLyte adapter for the Sigma or other weapon and hacking at it.

Any thoughts?

9. I was thinking that myself, but have decided to purchase the newer A1's and be done with it. I use my M9 for IDPA so looking to make the M40-A1 my CCW.

10. IrkedCitizen

IrkedCitizen New Member

Laser Devices has what they call the Blast 2 which is a laser/light combo which fits the M-A1's. I'm not too sure of Laser Devices quality and reputation but is always something you can check into.

Syntax, from the picture it looks like the laser on that m6x lights up as blue?

11. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

CARRY A GLOCK MEXICAN STYLE WITH NOTHING COVERING THE TRIGGER!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    NFW!!!! IF YOU DO, YOU'RE NUTS!!!! ( and you won't have yours for long :wink: )