Let The Speculation Begin

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Two Mikes, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Two Mikes

Two Mikes Member

Steyr announced the following:

As participants on the Inter-tubes, its our duty to speculate. What surprise products do you think they'll roll out or that you'd wish for?

My wish is for a single stack thin 9mm, ie a Steyrized version of the PPS.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  2. IDescribe

IDescribe New Member

M10-A1 :) That's a wish, not a legit guess.

SurfGent likes this.

3. Doc

Doc New Member

Maybe Steyr will inherit the QS from Caracal... but I'd pay for any of the above.

4. sapper35

sapper35 New Member

I'm predicting 45 ACP

SurfGent likes this.
  5. IDescribe

IDescribe New Member

.45 would be awesome. A longer long slide, like 5" or 5.25" would be awesome.

The thing about 10mm is that while the market isn't huge, just a niche market, that niche market is dedicated to the caliber, and interest in it seems to be on the rise. For a company trying to grow a following in the U.S., a 10mm version might not bring in loads of money on its own in the short term, but it would draw in new people and convert them to the platform and sell a lot of other models in the long term.

6. Derosa54

Derosa54 New Member

I'd like to see an increase in factory accessories and aftermarket and / or a joint venture or partnership with a leather/kydex firm. Then an increase in dollars for advertising/marketing/law enforcement emphasis. Face it, if the law market does not accept and use and support your weapons, well, good luck in growing civilian market share. Then the CCW market for non law enforcement will grow. Just a few thoughts. I have a few more percolating around, but, I am not running the show.

D54

7. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

Either 45acp (my favorite round) or 10mm (which I don't have) would be great.

SurfGent likes this.
  8. kernelkrink

kernelkrink New Member

I'd be really happy if they just made enough new GB magazines to satisfy the demand and drop the prices down to where you could afford a few more.

9. regulatedmilitia

regulatedmilitia New Member

Looks like its the new AUG A3 M1. I love they brought back the carry handle scope from the A1.

10. steel9

steel9 New Member

A competition L9-A1 full size 5" barrel ,slide cut outs ,and lots of aftermarket parts.

SurfGent likes this.
  11. gawsr

gawsr New Member

I am predicting a mini subcompact in 380 acp to capture come of the pocket pistol concealment market. If they do I will be the first to buy.

SurfGent likes this.
  12. wmking

wmking New Member

A single stack 9 the size of a PPS M2 please.

13. MicPop

MicPop Member

ANYTHING in 357 SIG lol

SurfGent likes this.
  14. gawsr

gawsr New Member

I currently own a Steyr M357-A1 and have had it for almost a year. Love it. However, Steyr stopped production.

SurfGent likes this.
  15. MicPop

MicPop Member

Yup, I missed the boat on it(2014 last made I think)...one or two were on Gunbroker in the last month or so(one of them sold for over $2K:eek:!), but I missed out on those as well...you are very lucky, enjoy that pistol!;)

SurfGent likes this.
  16. SurfGent

SurfGent Member

A M45 & M380

MicPop likes this.