Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steyr could use a little more exposure.

If someone with a few Steyrs could send them to Hickock45 he could shoot them and thousand and thousands of people would see them in action.

If I worked at Steyr Arms I'd send him a few examples to evaluate.

What do you think?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I dunno...

Love Hickok's reviews, but sudden success seldom does a brand good. And I LIKE shooting what everyone else isn't....

·
Registered
632 Posts
I've tried. He's only 45 mins from me.

He piddled around on it last year and never got to it.

I offered again this year.

I'll have to send him another email.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What part of TN is he in?

I know he is circumspect about his personal life, but more info would be interesting. Is all the shooting done on his farm? If so, it must be fairly good size...his 230 yards vids take at least..well...230 yards. You don't have that space in the 'burbs.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Steyr could use a little more exposure.

If someone with a few Steyrs could send them to Hickock45 he could shoot them and thousand and thousands of people would see them in action.

If I worked at Steyr Arms I'd send him a few examples to evaluate.

What do you think?
I think that if Steyr wanted to sell some pistols they could make a little effort themselves. The design is very good and the build quality is also very good but Steyr seems to be quite happy with things the way they are here in the States. I don't see much changing as far as their marketshare. Glock still has the lion's share of poly gun sales and M&P is going after it with all that S&W can muster. My take from owning Glock and Steyr pistols is that Austrians are quite arrogant and don't feel the need for any dumb American to tell them what to do. I hope I live long enough to see M&P eat Glock's lunch because of Glock's fat-head.
I like Hickock45. He's a shooter for sure and does not use foul language in his videos BUT he is a Glock man through and through and does not try to hide that which I can respect. The ONLY gun I have seen him shoot lights-out better than any other gun INCLUDING his Glocks was a M&P Pro Series. There was no hiding his absolute love for that gun. I guarantee you he owns that one now.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I agree that Hickock45's video shooting a Steyr would be a tremendous boost to sales, and also that he's a Glock guy. I own both Steyr and Glock and love both of them, so don't expect me to bash either one. Let me also recommend requesting tnoutdoors9 to produce a video of the Steyr pistol as he surely has as much a following as hickock45 and doesn't apparently show favor to any brand. He's also located in central Tennessee, I believe. SAI could use the boost in advertising, especially since Steyr has a well-known cult following among semi-auto pistol owners.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Steyr doesn't need youtubers to promote their products. The professionals use them. In fact, I know an ex-CIA agent, "with a particular set of skills" who put one to good use. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts