Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any hi capacity mags or mag extension’s ? Or even something that could be modified to work. Thank you in advance .

·
Super Moderator
221 Posts
There was talk of modification to hi power mags. There is a pawn shop that sells 20 rounders but from what I have heard they were never reliable. Those were for the A1 so they should work in the A2 but again weren’t very reliable from the reports that came in. Ranger point before stoping support of the steyr made extensions for the 40 and 357. Other then that I haven’t heard of any after market mags for steyr, but I would love to be proven wrong!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was talk of modification to hi power mags. There is a pawn shop that sells 20 rounders but from what I have heard they were never reliable. Those were for the A1 so they should work in the A2 but again weren’t very reliable from the reports that came in. Ranger point before stoping support of the steyr made extensions for the 40 and 357. Other then that I haven’t heard of any after market mags for steyr, but I would love to be proven wrong!
I have hi-powers and 20 rnd Mec-Gar mags that are ultra reliable but their smaller in every dimension. Will post what I come up with .

·
Super Moderator
221 Posts
Let us know, I could be wrong, there was a thread on modifying one but the end result never got posted back. I would love a extended mag option

·
Super Moderator
221 Posts
Now I remember, I was wrong on that pawn shop they were using the S&W 5900 mags for extended. I know on the forum someone was trying the high power mags. I will have to try M&P, I believe the original and the 2.0 are the same mag?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CZ PO-9 mags are the same size , but , the mag release cut is in the wrong place and CZ sells plus 2 bottoms . Will update as I know more .

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yes you can make the Cz P-09 mags work .
I did test the P-09 Tactical 22 rounds mags in the L9A2MF there was room to make them fit . You will just need to MOD them the same way as the M&p mags . The cz p09 Tactical 22r mags are just hard to find at the moment. Also as a side note a cz p09 Holster will work with the A1 guns . I did run a Cz P-09 Tactical in a Gladius L9-A1 holster, worked 100% .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes you can make the Cz P-09 mags work .
I did test the P-09 Tactical 22 rounds mags in the L9A2MF there was room to make them fit . You will just need to MOD them the same way as the M&p mags . The cz p09 Tactical 22r mags are just hard to find at the moment. Also as a side note a cz p09 Holster will work with the A1 guns . I did run a Cz P-09 Tactical in a Gladius L9-A1 holster, worked 100% .
Could I get a picture of one ? Did you have to fill any slots ? Mine have 2 slots .

·
Registered
767 Posts
I don't believe I have a picture of it that particular setup it was a demo piece that I was testing so I could not cut the mag I actually just held it in and did some size comparison testing . I did test it by pinning it in cycling it with 115gr FMJ .
You will need to cut a New mag release in the mag to make it work 100%

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't believe I have a picture of it that particular setup it was a demo piece that I was testing so I could not cut the mag I actually just held it in and did some size comparison testing . I did test it by pinning it in cycling it with 115gr FMJ .
You will need to cut a New mag release in the mag to make it work 100%
Mine have 2 slots cut for PO series and P10 series . I think the older ones pre P10 series had one . I’ll find one .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts