Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How mechanically similar are these two series? I'm guessing the internals are fairly close in design.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yes and no . A1 mags work in the A2MF. But not the A2MF in the A1 .

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hello!
Is My First message in this forum !

I really Like steyrs and im really curious about the new improved A2 line
What would you like to know ?
Iam working on a video about them now .
Going to be showing some of the design differences

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice! There are really few videos on you tube.
Almost no reviews ...
Steyr marketing department Is really bad(if It exist )... See what walther Is doing in these days for Just a rebranded ppq....

Anyway,

Id Like to know by the users if the new shape of the grip Is as good as the older One designed by Mr. Bubits(the same shape we can see in Bb6 or caracal) expecially in recoil mitigation.
Since I shot the M40 gen 1 I liked the "High hump" forcing your hand in place.

Other than that , Im sure the new funnel works a lot better in fast reloads

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mechanically they are pretty close. What I see is, grip wise the Magwell is flared. Side and back inserts S/M/L. Proper rail out front, new styling marks. On the slide side the extractor is redesigned, front serrations and the spring swapped sides for the slide stop that holds the rear plate in. I do wonder why the spring was swapped but I haven’t looked into it much yet. Silver and FDE below are A1 and black is A2. The only other difference is the initial batch of A2 into the country had the serialized part being the trigger group, after that all the rest A2 went back to seralizing the frame like the A1. I assume they realized a A1 trigger group and A2 everything else wouldn’t have a serialized part.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts