L9-A1 questions (manual online? and Night Sights)

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by m900mwk, Aug 20, 2013.

1. m900mwk

m900mwk New Member

Hi fellow Steyr fans and owners.

I am in Toronto and have just placed a deposit on my first Steyr, an L9-A1.

As the guns in Canada at least have dot sights and not the trap sights, I am wondering if anyone knows of night sights that are designed specifically for this model? If I could speak German, I'd troll Google for an Austrian reseller of Steyr pistols but wonder if there's an American source for these?
    Also, do any of you know of an electronic version of the L9 manual available onlline? The Steyr USA download page is WOEFULLY out of date and frankly their web page is embarassing in general. As I'm in software and marketing/business development, maybe I'm being picky.lol.

Thanks folks.

Marty

2. AGoyette

AGoyette New Member

Marty,

I got night sights for my M9-A1 from Trijicon. If the sights on your L series Steyr are dovetailed in (I know that the M series are) then there should be no issue having someone install them. You can also call Trijicon and ask them if they will work with your gun. They take 6-8 weeks to come in. Planet Optic also sells Trijicon night sights at a lower cost than Trijicon directly. Here is the link to the sights on the Trijicon website..
    http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=ST01

3. sierra77mk

sierra77mk New Member

http://www.amazon.com/Steyr-Mannlicher-Front-Night-Sight/dp/B001GFF0EO

4. perrytrice

perrytrice New Member

Just a quick note, I just installed a new set of Trijicon three dot night sights on my L9-A1 and the front sight blade is to tall for the "L".
    Results are, it shoots about 8 " low at 10 yards. I was real disappointed in the results!
    I will try to adapt different front sight.
    If you are just using it for home defense and up close your fine, it just not a target pistol with the Trijicon sight made for an "M".

Perry

5. Orangeman

Orangeman New Member

What sight picture are you using ....typically Trijicon three dots are "combat" sights and you should be covering your target with the front dot.

Using a "target" sight picture like with the Trapazoid sights and putting your target on top of the front post would result in you hitting right where you have indicated.

6. perrytrice

perrytrice New Member

I tried both styles of using the front sight covering my target and 6 o'clock style and three different rounds. It shoots low, to get even close you have to cover most of the target with the entire front sight blade. I wanted to try using this pistol to shoot IDPA and if your 5 yards away that is fine, but 15,20 yards its low period!!!

Perry

7. mark16610

mark16610 New Member