Steyr Club Forums banner
68K views 92 replies 46 participants last post by  Pier23 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys :)

Our German Bro, Heini gave us the headsup bout handlin' the new model L-A1. Thanx, Heini! :thumbsup:

So, I contacted Oliver and had 'im send us a few pics. And, now that the cat is officially out of the bag, I can post 'em.

So, here ya go!

VERY SEXY!!! :drool:

That's the good news...and here's some more good news...along with a little not so good news...but it is promising :thumbsup:

Oliver Bauer said:
...on the IWA show in Nuernberg/Germany we introduced the STEYR L-A1 model, which

is a full size service pistol. It is available in 9x19, .40 S&W and .357 SIG – sorry no .45 right now.

It furthermore features the upgraded trigger, an ambidextrous magazine release and the loaded

chamber indicator in the rear (not only seeable but also feel able).

On the pics I’ve included it is pictured with the optional manual safety. I’m quite sure, this option will

not be available in the US...
The L45-A1 has yet to make it's debut, but "Baby Steps" comes to mind. <shrug>

Take care, Guys.

Wulf <-- kinda prefers long-legged, skimpily clad Amazon Women steps :drool:

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Guys :)

Our German Bro, Heini gave us the headsup bout handlin' the new model L-A1. Thanx, Heini! :thumbsup:

So, I contacted Oliver and had 'im send us a few pics. And, now that the cat is officially out of the bag, I can post 'em.

So, here ya go!

VERY SEXY!!! :drool:

That's the good news...and here's some more good news...along with a little not so good news...but it is promising :thumbsup:

The L45-ACP has yet to make it's debut, but, "Baby Steps" comes to mind. <shrug>

Take care, Guys.

Wulf <-- kinda prefers long-legged, skimpily clad Amazon Women steps :drool:
Less interested in .45 than in 10mm. BRING ME THE BEAST! L10A1.. just sounds dangerous.

#6 ·
yeah, i have to have one, as soon as they his the USA i'm gonna have to get some... especially if .357 is an option. chop it down to s lenth, throw some BT parts inside... i might just have a new carry gun. CANT WAIT
If you keep talking so much sense you may have to run for president!

I would be all over this idea, but cant imagine hacking up guns with a dremel (seen it "dun befo," makes me nervous)

#9 ·
maybe if we start a list of potential buyers they'd have a reason to import some sooner
That shouldn't be necessary - I think just about everyone at Steyr-Mannlicher and Steyr Arms has heard from one person or another on this forum by now, and we just found out about it yesterday. :lol:

They know we're interested, and there can be little doubt that the US will get it as soon as possible - we are, after all, the largest market for these things in the world.

#10 ·
AWESOME.

Mixed feelings because with the longer slide, I can't mount it on the plastic M9 frames, anymore. :(

That just means that I will have to get a new gen A1 and the L9-A1!!! The .357SIG is also very tempting... !!!

#13 ·
Can one be purchased from Germany and sent to the US ??? Probally a stupid question but maybe not
No. As I understand it, they are not on sale in Germany yet. I've heard that the US will see these on sale before Germany, but that summer date is bogus. We shall see...

#14 · (Edited)
Another update - at this time, only 9mm is in the works. If Oliver told Wulf the gun will be available in .40S&W and .357SIG eventually, I believe it - but like the C-A1, we're only going to get 9mm when this gun first makes its debut. Additional specs in case anyone is interested:

OAL is 191mm (7.5")
Barrel length is 115mm (4.5")
Weight is 810 grams empty (1.79 lbs.)
Same barrel twist as the other Steyr pistols - 1/9.8
Ambidextrous magazine catch
Rear loaded chamber indicator

I honestly wish it was a full 5", but I suppose i can't judge it until I see it and I should be grateful either way. :lol: Stay tuned - we'll post up more details as they become available...

#20 ·
There were pic's on Shotgun News from the EU gun show last week. :drool:

#21 ·
Can not wait I have wanted a longer barrel for years now....I would welcome a mayan apocalypse if I had this in hand

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.