Kydex OWB (Pancake?) new pics, Yaqui

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by luvmy40, Jul 30, 2007.

1. luvmy40

luvmy40 Member

Hera are some pics of my latest holster. A fellow M&P lover asked for a left hand OWB that rides high for his compact. This one will work for the Compact or Full Size M&Ps.
    Would this be considered a pancake or is that designation reserved for the leather holsters?
    This did not turn out as sleek as I had it pictured in my head, but it is highly functional and comfortable. Secures the gun quite nicely and still has a very smooth draw.
    Please critique it for me, as well as you can from a few pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BTW The belt loops are cut for a 1-3/4" belt.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Looks good! I'm just wondering when you're going to start turning out your own line of Steyr Club goodies... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

3. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

surprised you didnt use 2 pieces of same size for the holster. reinforce those belt loops.

4. RiceCakes

RiceCakes Guest

Looks good! If you reinforce the belt loops, you could make them to match, so you dont have a wide gap underneath that will raise the holster on a draw. Just my .02

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Good stuff, luv* :)

Keep 'em comin', Bro...keep 'em comin'! :p

Wulf

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Looks quite slick. Could you do with less material on each side and reduce the height of the belt slits?

7. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

"Mighty pretty needlework," as Doc Watson sings.

Can you make one of those up for a lefty MA1?

How much is that doggy in the window...? :mrgreen:

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

And so it begins... :D :wink:

9. luvmy40

luvmy40 Member

Here are some pics of my newest OWB. Possibly a Yaqui slider. Thanks to everyone for the great comments and ideas.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. madecov

madecov Active Member

Your work is looking good.
    Just one suggestion though. belt slots need to match the size of belt width.
    1 1/4"
    1 1/2"
    1 3/4"
    are the most common for non duty carry.

11. luvmy40

luvmy40 Member

madecov,
    This holster was made for a fellow M&P carrier. These slots are for a 1-3/4" belt at his request. I do not have an 1-3/4" belt.

12. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i don't know what your day job is...

but if you keep making holsters that look that nice, you won't need it for long!!!!

very nice. keep it up, keep us posted and keep posting pics!!!!

i believe i speak for all of us when saying i enjoy viewing your work.

i believe if you made a c-tac clone for the m-a1, you'd fill a little niche that comp-tac is choosing to ignore. having a c-tac for the original m series, i'd push them hard as a great all around IWB setup.

13. luvmy40

luvmy40 Member

The C.T.A.C. clone is a done deal. I have made them for M&Ps. I didn't use leather for the tabs, but that was because I didn't have any, not by design. Making them for the MA1 series would not be a problem.
    I am trying to get things together to make a go at a side business in custom Kydex items. I am a Postal employee in the real world. I won't be giving that up. But I do want continue this as more than a hobby. When I get things organized, I will be looking into becoming a site sponsor both here and at mp-pistol.com.
    These two guns have carved out a place in my heart in a very short time. I have never been a glock fan and the 1911, while being an exceptional match weapon, just doesn't lend itself to CC for my needs. Both he Steyr MA1 and the M&P compacts have filled that niche quite well.

14. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Sounds excellent! We sure could use another quality holster provider, and having you "on board" should allow your products to be more of a reflection of what the community really wants to be offered for our pistols. 8)

15. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya luv* :)

There is a caution to the Picatinny rail catchin' on the rig when ya draw it. Not just the M- and S-A1's, any Picatinny rail on a handgun. Just a heads up. Good work, Bro. :)

Wulf

16. madecov

madecov Active Member

I hope things work out. being able to make a few extra bucks here and there is a great thing. and the fact that the holsters look good can not hurt.

17. luvmy40

luvmy40 Member

I reheat the area where the rail tends to catch and flare it just a bit. This makes for a nice smooth draw.