Kimber's KPD - A Very Steyr-like Pistol!

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by mikey, Jul 3, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey New Member

Somebody on one of the other boards posted this link, commenting that this new Kimber KPD “sure looks a lot like a Steyr.”

http://www.kimberamerica.com/kpd/

And - except for the DAO trigger - yeah, it does! Kimber even boasts about how the piece “fits the hand and points naturally.”

I’m still a Steyr believer . . . but I still wouldn’t mind testing out this new Kimber. Anybody checked one out yet?

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

rumors abound its a S&W M&P licensed to kimber

3. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Looks like a tactical sized Steyr...... :lol: but it doesn't say much about the workings.......sub frame? strker pre-cock?...........

4. Ripped

Ripped New Member

8-9 lb trigger pull EWWWW.. definately a S&W byproduct.. not Steyr. although the Slide "LINES" and rear of the firearm have similarities of a steyr pistol..

[​IMG]

5. mikey

mikey New Member

Yes, I wasn't thinking "Steyr-like" in the mechanical sense. I just thought that the dished-out area in the top rear of the grip (where the web of the hand goes) looked awfully Steyr.

From that, I wondered if it points like a Steyr. Only Steyrs (and, to a lesser extent, Glocks) really point well for me. 1911-type pistols all point low.

You're right, though: if it has a long, heavy DAO trigger, I'd probably still pass on the piece, even if it points well.

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Nice try, but no cigar. 8-9 lb. trigger [-(

7. exexpat08

exexpat08 New Member

What if the Steyr and Kahr had a mutant child?

Looks ok really but as said... who thought that trigger pull would be acceptable to anyone but the HIPOINT set?